• The KillerFrogs

I can't believe the stats of the Tech Game

Limp Lizard

Looking at the stats this should have not been a close game.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401112133

The only areas of a TECH advantage is 10 more passing yards, three yards more per pass, and penalties, two less for 14 yards less. The other stats TCU has a huge advantage. No way should you put up those numbers, have a 2-0 turnover advantage and have to win by a late field goal.

I think this in indicative of the whole offensive season. We also outgained Baylor and Kansas State and lost those (although against Baylor we had the three ints to point to.) The efficiency of the offense is really glaring.

Gotta gets more scoreboard points per yard gained on the field.

G

Moose Stuff

The only areas of a TECH advantage is 10 more passing yards, three yards more per pass, and penalties, two less for 14 yards less. The other stats TCU has a huge advantage. No way should you put up those numbers, have a 2-0 turnover advantage and have to win by a late field goal.

I think this in indicative of the whole offensive season. We also outgained Baylor and Kansas State and lost those (although against Baylor we had the three ints to point to.) The efficiency of the offense is really glaring.

G

Too many FG, not enough big plays, gave up too many big plays. Also keep in mind we kicked a short FG right before half when we just ran out of time.

jake102

Both us and OU should have won by 20

OU should beat Baylor by 30 in Arlington with Lamb. Took every single break/luck to only lose by 3

Frog-in-law1995

G

Any analysis that completely ignores Tech huge yardage advantage in punting, punt returns and kick returns and instead tries to blame the offense is just silly.

Limey Frog

Wow. Now we're complaining when we win. Un-friggin-real.

I think the point is that this squad could conceivably have done a lot more, and in a year when the Big XII is, frankly, terrible that is rather frustrating in retrospect. Baylor is going to be runner-up in this league for no better reason than consistent competence thanks to good coaching. Meanwhile we've managed to exceed late-september expectations with a chance to limp to 6-6. Whoop!

I think the point is that this squad could conceivably have done a lot more, and in a year when the Big XII is, frankly, terrible that is rather frustrating in retrospect. Baylor is going to be runner-up in this league for no better reason than consistent competence thanks to good coaching. Meanwhile we've managed to exceed late-september expectations with a chance to limp to 6-6. Whoop!
I understood the point. But after losing 4 of the past 5, I think we need to take the victories when we can and then enjoy them, not complain that we should have won by more.