• The KillerFrogs

OT: FOX's Tim Brando torches CFB Playoff committee, talks of 'corrupt system' and 'Alabama privilege

Wexahu

Why? Because the team at College Station beat a team by 4 at a neutral site that lost to Western Kentucky at home by 26?

Yep, something like that. We can play that stupid game but might as well keep it closer to the point at hand.

Georgia Southern - 32
Minnesota - 35

Georgia Southern - 28
Troy - 49

Georgia Southern - 3
LSU - 55

Minnesota - 38
Fresno State - 35

Fresno State - 24
Air Force - 43

Colorado State - 41
Fresno State - 31

Yep, something like that. We can play that stupid game but might as well keep it closer to the point at hand.

Georgia Southern - 32
Minnesota - 35

Georgia Southern - 28
Troy - 49

Georgia Southern - 3
LSU - 55

Minnesota - 38
Fresno State - 35

Fresno State - 24
Air Force - 43

Colorado State - 41
Fresno State - 31
Pretty telling

OmniscienceFrog

Georgia Southern - 32
Minnesota - 35

Georgia Southern - 28
Troy - 49

Georgia Southern - 3
LSU - 55

Minnesota - 38
Fresno State - 35

Fresno State - 24
Air Force - 43

Colorado State - 41
Fresno State - 31
Sagarin Ratings:

Georgia So. - 103

Fresno St. - 77

Arkansas - 117

OmniscienceFrog

Sagarin Ratings:

Alabama - 3
Baylor - 14
Minnesota - 18

I mean, if you want to go by Sagarin ratings.
All well and good, except that I'm not arguing that Minnesota is better than Alabama, or Baylor for that matter, but that they ARE much likely better than the College Station team. Of course I'm not the SEC ass kisser some here are.

froginmn

Seems to me you're almost completing ignoring Minnesota beating their three lousy OOC opponents by a combined total of 13 points. Why do you pretty much exclude those games from your analysis? And I'd strongly argue that winning by 19 AT College Station is more impressive than winning by 5 at home against PSU.
OK so back to this part. What is it about Aggies resume that makes you think they are good? Is it who they have lost to? Cause that sounds very S-E-C S-E-C.

They beat TX state, Lamar, and UTSA (none have a winning record) out of conference, and Ole Miss (4-6), Miss St (4-5), and Arky (2-8) in conference.

By comparison, PSU is 8-1 with wins over 7-2 #15 Michigan and at #20 Iowa.

So again, Alabama has a good win at Aggie, which is good because... they lost to Alabama?

Wexahu

OK so back to this part. What is it about Aggies resume that makes you think they are good? Is it who they have lost to? Cause that sounds very S-E-C S-E-C.

They beat TX state, Lamar, and UTSA (none have a winning record) out of conference, and Ole Miss (4-6), Miss St (4-5), and Arky (2-8) in conference.

By comparison, PSU is 8-1 with wins over 7-2 #15 Michigan and at #20 Iowa.

So again, Alabama has a good win at Aggie, which is good because... they lost to Alabama?

It depends on how you define good? Their record this year was almost predetermined given their schedule. They are very most likely going to lose 5 because they aren't in Georgia and LSU's class. But they aren't a bad team, it's not like they were totally outclassed by Clemson, Auburn and Alabama, and they have won all their other games. I don't know, I just think going into College Station and beating this year's A&M team by 19 points is probably a more difficult task than beating this year's Penn State team by 5 at home.

The bottom line is when I stack up all the results of Alabama's games so far this season against Minnesota's, I think Alabama has been more impressive. Let's just agree to disagree. It'll all play out anyway. If Minnesota handles Iowa and Wisconsin and Bama stumbles around and plays into the 4th quarter with MSU and, say, wins by a FG against Auburn I might change my mind.

bc puckett

Watching UCLA/Utah for a bit and the OU/Baylor score of 28-3 is brought up. Brando proceeds to lose his mind bitching about the committee and how they “really got it right “ by dropping Baylor 1 spot after the TCU game and then Spencer Tillman chimes in about how they were all over Baylor weeks ago. Brando then comes out with “don’t get me started on the committee “ Sadly their game was over before OU won as I would have loved to have heard the backpedal

Wexahu

Watching UCLA/Utah for a bit and the OU/Baylor score of 28-3 is brought up. Brando proceeds to lose his mind bitching about the committee and how they “really got it right “ by dropping Baylor 1 spot after the TCU game and then Spencer Tillman chimes in about how they were all over Baylor weeks ago. Brando then comes out with “don’t get me started on the committee “ Sadly their game was over before OU won as I would have loved to have heard the backpedal

Brando is just another blowhard. If Baylor had won this game, they’d have shot up the rankings just like Minnesota did after beating Penn State. But they didn’t.

Pharm Frog

Brando is just another blowhard. If Baylor had won this game, they’d have shot up the rankings just like Minnesota did after beating Penn State. But they didn’t.

Because beating one loss #10 at home when you are #13 justifies shooting up the rankings the same as beating undefeated #4?

Wexahu

Because beating one loss #10 at home when you are #13 justifies shooting up the rankings the same as beating undefeated #4?

It’s all relative. They wouldn’t have jumped 10 spots but they’d have moved up into #6 or #7, and had all the opportunity in the world to get into the top 4 over the next few weeks. So dumb how everyone wants to jump to conclusions before letting all the games play out.

Wexahu

And for all the angst over Alabama, they really have no path to get in unless some unexpected things happen. They are sitting ducks at #5 with only Auburn left and no CCG to count on.