• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

ThisIsOurTime

why would tcu want chandler morris?
Because he is a proven winner and more of a football player than an athlete. We have recruited plenty of athletes and that hasn't worked out so well as of late. I wonder if he is someone who would be open to a position change if QB doesn't workout because we desperately need to find some receivers who will catch the ball and move the chains. And if he can play quarterback that would be great too because with need the depth with Rogers leaving.

Eight

Because he is a proven winner and more of a football player than an athlete. We have recruited plenty of athletes and that hasn't worked out so well as of late. I wonder if he is someone who would be open to a position change if QB doesn't workout because we desperately need to find some receivers who will catch the ball and move the chains. And if he can play quarterback that would be great too because with need the depth with Rogers leaving.

proven winner in a system that has turned out winning teams year after year, but how many of those proven winners at quarterback have made a mark on college level?

no one knows how recruits will turn out on campus, but he has every sign of a kid who is close to being maxed out with a limited ceiling. i have heard him being compared to a more athletic version of brandon wooten

PO Frog

proven winner in a system that has turned out winning teams year after year, but how many of those proven winners at quarterback have made a mark on college level?

no one knows how recruits will turn out on campus, but he has every sign of a kid who is close to being maxed out with a limited ceiling. i have heard him being compared to a more athletic version of brandon wooten
Better than a less athletic version of Brennan Wooten I guess.

ThisIsOurTime

Matthew Stafford has done alright. I don't know about the rest. Your knocking of system high schools is what led us to miss out on Baker Mayfield out of Lake Travis. And there are other good QBs that come out of system high schools: Andy Dalton, Kyler Murray, Chase Daniel, etc.

Our general recruiting seems mostly based on potential and high ceilings. But that has also led us to have a group of receivers who can't consistently catch and get open. I'm saying the solution is we balance that with getting a few guys that we know can play football irrespective of their measurables or potential. If we had just one of those possession receivers this year, we probably win at least 2 or 3 more games.

Eight

Matthew Stafford has done alright. I don't know about the rest. Your knocking of system high schools is what led us to miss out on Baker Mayfield out of Lake Travis. And there are other good QBs that come out of system high schools: Andy Dalton, Kyler Murray, Chase Daniel, etc.

Our general recruiting seems mostly based on potential and high ceilings. But that has also led us to have a group of receivers who can't consistently catch and get open. I'm saying the solution is we balance that with getting a few guys that we know can play football irrespective of their measurables or potential. If we had just one of those possession receivers this year, we probably win at least 2 or 3 more games.

first, matthew stafford was one of the highest rated quarterback prospects in the country his senior year and there were no questions on the tools. no comparison between he and morris.

andy dalton didn't come out of system high school at katy. his primary function was handing off and if katy wanted to mix things up they will run a pitch play. that is a far, far cry from a high school system.

tcu wasn't the only one to miss on baker, hell tech had him on campus and weren't sold on him enough so you are reaching to say we should recruit chandler morris because of missing on baker.

kyler was not a system quarterback, he was one of the highest rated prospects in the country and again comparing him to morris is about as accurate as comparing stafford to morris.

finally, i am still not getting how the decision to recruit morris at quarterback is going to address any recruiting misses at receiver. the frogs should recruits players with lesser potential talent at other positions to address the problems at receiver?

Eight

don't have many details, but james sylvester sat out the second half of newton's first round play-off win over new diana last night.

hopefully nothing serious as james plays at a big position of needs for the frogs.

a newton football recruit footnote, tamauzia brown apparently quit the tyler jc team a few months back and it appears he is just another in a long line of young men who couldn't overcome some demons off the field

Froggish

don't have many details, but james sylvester sat out the second half of newton's first round play-off win over new diana last night.

hopefully nothing serious as james plays at a big position of needs for the frogs.

a newton football recruit footnote, tamauzia brown apparently quit the tyler jc team a few months back and it appears he is just another in a long line of young men who couldn't overcome some demons off the field

Hate to hear that about Brown..He was very talented

MinFrog

Want to know how is dead last in recruiting for this year? 9-0 Baylor.

I know as fans we think that wins and losses matter most, but it doesn't seem that way. We have a nice recruiting class even if we are struggling for wins. In fact, we don't have a recruit that is lower than the average for Baylor. Pretty remarkable.

Eight

I know as fans we think that wins and losses matter most, but it doesn't seem that way. We have a nice recruiting class even if we are struggling for wins. In fact, we don't have a recruit that is lower than the average for Baylor. Pretty remarkable.

recruiting doesn't sync up with current seasons with the way things have been going for several years.

the kids in the 2020 class for many schools were first contact 2-3 years ago and many of the key relationships were formed prior to this season.

with the early signing dates now you may see a bump for baylor afterward, but i wouldn't anticipate a surge for them until the spring for the 2021 class and forward

ThisIsOurTime

Recruiting typically lags a year behind because of all the camps and many recruits making up their minds long before this point in the season. In other words, Baylor won't really see the recruiting results of this 9-0 start until next year. Now, if Baylor were say UT and then went 9-0; then, they might be able to get a few more recruits flip or reconsider their commitment this year. But even UT would see the real fruits of their labor in the next year.

Moose Stuff

Recruiting typically lags a year behind because of all the camps and many recruits making up their minds long before this point in the season. In other words, Baylor won't really see the recruiting results of this 9-0 start until next year. Now, if Baylor were say UT and then went 9-0; then, they might be able to get a few more recruits flip or reconsider their commitment this year. But even UT would see the real fruits of their labor in the next year.

UT sees the fruits of their labor pretty much every year regardless of their record.

Froggish

Something doesn’t smell right about Colorado right now..Buffs have two big time transfers now and they look like they are about flip 3 or 4 4stars including Christian Gonzales of The Colony who is committed to Purdue...Believe we had some interest in him...

Edited to remove the comments on Morris and Frazier..I shouldn’t have posted that without more info.

Last edited: