• The KillerFrogs

OT: FOX's Tim Brando torches CFB Playoff committee, talks of 'corrupt system' and 'Alabama privilege

froginmn

It's almost comical, for years all you hear on here is how pathetic the Big 10 West is and then Minnesota draws that schedule PLUS crossover games against Maryland and Rutgers, two of the absolute worst D1 teams out there, and all the sudden nobody wants to bring up that fact, AND they had some really close calls against some very average OOC teams. Alabama beats the [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] out of everyone that isn't really good, but I guess that doesn't matter because it doesn't help anyone's argument against them. They've got a bar so much higher than anyone else it's a joke.
It's also comical that you have talked nonstop about how tOSU should have been in the playoff above TCU in 2014 despite the fact that they played the exact schedule you are now saying is terrible, AND they lost at home to Virginia Tech.

Wexahu

It's also comical that you have talked nonstop about how tOSU should have been in the playoff above TCU in 2014 despite the fact that they played the exact schedule you are now saying is terrible, AND they lost at home to Virginia Tech.

No they didn’t, but carry on.

froginmn

What would Penn State's record be right now if they had played Clemson, Auburn and Alabama? It's so easy to say team x "beat a 3-loss" team and team y "beat a top 10 team" but look into the facts a little bit.
I think you are the one ignoring facts. The fact is, Bamas biggest win is over a 3 loss team.

Minnesota's is over a team that was top 5.

Your comment that a 19 point win over Aggie is better than a 5 point win over PSU is simply opinion.

I followed you for a bit but when you start making comments like that, I'm out.

Wexahu

I think you are the one ignoring facts. The fact is, Bamas biggest win is over a 3 loss team.

Minnesota's is over a team that was top 5.

Your comment that a 19 point win over Aggie is better than a 5 point win over PSU is simply opinion.

I followed you for a bit but when you start making comments like that, I'm out.

Then put me on ignore. Bye.

Wexahu

Navy
Virginia Tech (loss)
Kent State
Cincinnati
Maryland
Rutgers
Penn State
Illinois
Michigan State
Minnesota
Indiana
Michigan

tOSU regular season 2014

Michigan State finished 11-2. Michigan 5-7, PSU 7-6

Maryland finished 7-6 and Rutgers 8-5. What did Navy and Cincy finish?

Now, recite TCUs schedule and throw in what OU and UT finished.

froginmn

Maryland finished 7-6 and Rutgers 8-5. What did Navy and Cincy finish?

Now, recite TCUs schedule and throw in what OU and UT finished.
I wasn't comparing tOSU to TCU, I was comparing their schedule to Minnesota's.

I repeat

Wexahu

I wasn't comparing tOSU to TCU, I was coaching their schedule to Minnesota's.

I repeat

They didn’t play the same schedule though. And I repeat, why are you excluding Wisconsin? Ohio State played them too.

Wexahu

And if they lose one, like tOSU did, they'll get the same privilege too, right? That's the whole point of this and I think you know the answer.

I think if they lose one and beat OSU in the championship game they’ll get plenty of consideration. It would be interesting though because relative to other potential 1-loss conference champions they’ll be in trouble because their OOC was unimpressive and their overall schedule will look really weak. A big 12 or PAC 12 1-loss champion will probably have the edge and then you’ve got the SEC and Clemson. OSU was 12-1 last year and didn’t get in so it happens, right?

froginmn

I think if they lose one and beat OSU in the championship game they’ll get plenty of consideration. It would be interesting though because relative to other potential 1-loss conference champions they’ll be in trouble because their OOC was unimpressive and their overall schedule will look really weak. A big 12 or PAC 12 1-loss champion will probably have the edge and then you’ve got the SEC and Clemson. OSU was 12-1 last year and didn’t get in so it happens, right?
Zero percent chance UM gets in with a loss. I think you know that.

Wexahu

Zero percent chance UM gets in with a loss. I think you know that.

Not looking good based on what is happening around the but it sure as hell isn’t zero. Not really looking all that good for a 1-loss OSU to get in either, although they do have the advantage of looking way more impressive overall this far this year.