• The KillerFrogs

OT: FOX's Tim Brando torches CFB Playoff committee, talks of 'corrupt system' and 'Alabama privilege

netty2424

tenor.gif

AroundWorldFrog

Minnie has actually beaten someone. BU, not so much. If you look at the CFP rankings, I don't think BU could beat hardly any of the Top 25 and not a single one of the 12 teams in front of them.. They'll get this chance the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Tim Brando must be an idiot. Sometimes I can't tell if people are just doing a bit or if they really are totally ignorant.

Alabama has absolutely curb stomped everyone they've played except the team that most consider the best in the country. Winning margins averaging 33 points. Minnesota meanwhile has a 7-point win over South Dakota State, a-3 point win over Fresno State, a 3-point win over Georgia Southern, and a 7-point win over Purdue. Baylor has a 8-point win over Rice, needed a miracle to beat Texas Tech, beat West Virginia at home by 3, and need triple overtime to beat TCU. Neither team would be undefeated had they played LSU and there isn't one sane person in the country, Tim Brando included, that would take either of those teams and probably about 14 points if they played Alabama. So spare me the outrage Tim Brando. If I'm on the committee and I rank either Baylor or Minnesota above Alabama based on what they've done thus far in the season I'm pretty much feeling like a total dumbass.

And I always hear about all the Alabama privilege from all these idiot pundits. Is it privilege? Or is it the fact they are 69-4 in the regular season in the CFP era, have probably only played a few more than a handful of competitive games, and haven't lost to an unranked team in I think more than a decade? I can tell you, if Minnesota or Baylor start beating the [ Finebaum ] out of everyone they play and go on a 69-4 run, they'll get theirs. And even this year, all they have to do is keep winning and they'll be fine and will pass Alabama. Probably can't lose, but that's what you get for barely getting by in so many games against crap teams. At some point the eye test does need to come into play, unless we just want to penalize a team for being too good for too long and put another team in there just because everyone is sick of Alabama.

If there's one thing I criticize the committee for, it's for putting Georgia ahead of Alabama. That was stupid, but probably done to appease all the anti-Bama people out there. And it will eventually all work itself out anyway like it always does.

TheFDN

Tim Brando must be an idiot. Sometimes I can't tell if people are just doing a bit or if they really are totally ignorant.

Alabama has absolutely curb stomped everyone they've played except the team that most consider the best in the country. Winning margins averaging 33 points. Minnesota meanwhile has a 7-point win over South Dakota State, a-3 point win over Fresno State, a 3-point win over Georgia Southern, and a 7-point win over Purdue. Baylor has a 8-point win over Rice, needed a miracle to beat Texas Tech, beat West Virginia at home by 3, and need triple overtime to beat TCU. Neither team would be undefeated had they played LSU and there isn't one sane person in the country, Tim Brando included, that would take either of those teams and probably about 14 points if they played Alabama. So spare me the outrage Tim Brando. If I'm on the committee and I rank either Baylor or Minnesota above Alabama based on what they've done thus far in the season I'm pretty much feeling like a total dumbass.

And I always hear about all the Alabama privilege from all these idiot pundits. Is it privilege? Or is it the fact they are 69-4 in the regular season in the CFP era, have probably only played a few more than a handful of competitive games, and haven't lost to an unranked team in I think more than a decade? I can tell you, if Minnesota or Baylor start beating the [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] out of everyone they play and go on a 69-4 run, they'll get theirs. And even this year, all they have to do is keep winning and they'll be fine and will pass Alabama. Probably can't lose, but that's what you get for barely getting by in so many games against crap teams. At some point the eye test does need to come into play, unless we just want to penalize a team for being too good for too long and put another team in there just because everyone is sick of Alabama.

If there's one thing I criticize the committee for, it's for putting Georgia ahead of Alabama. That was stupid, but probably done to appease all the anti-Bama people out there. And it will eventually all work itself out anyway like it always does.

What does being 69-4 in the CFP era have to do with this season? Absolutely nothing and it should not be taken into consideration, but of course people like you and the committee are always on your knees for the blue bloods giving them consideration for past performances.

Alabama’s schedule this year has been complete trash. And the only team they played with a pulse curbed stomped them for most of the game, at home.

Wexahu

What does being 69-4 in the CFP era have to do with this season? Absolutely nothing and it should not be taken into consideration, but of course people like you and the committee are always on your knees for the blue bloods giving them consideration for past performances.

Alabama’s schedule this year has been complete trash. And the only team they played with a pulse curbed stomped them for most of the game, at home.

Nothing. But the idea that Alabama is somehow "privelaged" is not based on just this year.

Besides, Alabama has EASILY been a more impressive team than either Minnesota or Baylor over THIS season. They happened to play what most consider the best team in the country and got beat. And? Minnesota and Baylor each have a a few very close wins over absolute crap teams (can you imagine Alabama only beating Rice by 9 points? Or only beating Georgia Southern by 3? Yep, me neither). Minnesota did beat Penn State at home but who has Baylor beaten? Hell, most on this board want to consider their Tech game a loss because of a referee screw-up. Besides Minnesota having played Penn State who the hell have Minny and Baylor played that is so good?

The bottom line is because of who they are, people hold Alabama to a way higher standard than anyone else. They want the committee to put them away so nobody has to actually do it on the field.

Tumbleweed

I think Tim's reference has to do with the overall system and uses your Alabama as a vehicle to explain.

For those of you who may not know, Timmy is a huge-huge fan of TCU. I myself, have listened to Tim express his admiration for this institution many, many times. Additionally, he and his family are fine people.

Wexahu

I think Tim's reference has to do with the overall system and uses your Alabama as a vehicle to explain.

For those of you who may not know, Timmy is a huge-huge fan of TCU. I myself, have listened to Tim express his admiration for this institution many, many times. Additionally, he and his family are fine people.

All this is great, but a stupid point is a stupid point. The fact that he is apparently a big TCU fan doesn't make him any more right, or less wrong. Using Alabama as a vehicle to explain what? Name me one time Alabama has gotten special privilege by the committee. Who should have made it besides Alabama in 2017 when they went 11-1? Don't you think 13-0 and 12-1 SEC champions should normally make the CFP playoffs?

Zubaz

Complaining about the rankings in Week 10 or 11 is so silly. We do this every year and it always works out. That said:

Besides, Alabama has EASILY been a more impressive team than either Minnesota or Baylor over THIS season. They happened to play what most consider the best team in the country and got beat. And?
This is ridiculous, it could just as easily be phrased as "Alabama has lost to the only good team that they played". There best win beyond that is what, 4 loss A&M? Duke? This goes both ways. Meanwhile, you blame Baylor and Minnesota for their close wins, but at least they've won every game! At least they've beaten some ranked teams. Minnesota is basically the same as Alabama except they beat their top ranked opponent in Penn State, and Baylor has beaten two ranked teams in Oklahoma State and Kansas State (I just through up in my mouth a little advocating for them).

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

Don’t feed the troll.

dawg

Or is it the fact they are 69-4 in the regular season in the CFP era, have probably only played a few more than a handful of competitive games, and haven't lost to an unranked team in I think more than a decade?

What exactly does any of this have to do with the 2019 college football season? Oh, now I remember. Nothing. Jack. scheissing. [ Finebaum ]. Or at least it shouldn't matter. Teams should be evaluated on the product they produce this season, not get rewarded for what happened five years ago. Is still TCU getting credit for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2017 when we won 10+ games? No, and neither should Alabama.

What did LSU gain by beating Alabama? Really, what did they gain? What's their reward? The right to play 60 additional minutes of football against a good team, putting players at risk for injury/suspension and more plays and tendencies on film while Alabama sits at home and gets an extra week of rest and prep for the playoff? Is that really a reward? Their wins over Florida and Texas would have backdoored them into the CFP.* LSU would have been better off losing if Alabama is given a mulligan.

The CFB regular season is supposed to matter. What really matters is the name on the jerseys. Alabama had their shot, their one game against a top-ranked opponent this season, and they blew it. They were down 20 at the half. They threw out a clunker. Florida played LSU closer. Auburn played LSU closer. Minnesota took the field against the Pedos knowing their season was on the line, that a loss would ruin their CFP chances. Alabama took the field knowing they had a mulligan.

*It's nonsense that non-champions are allowed in anyway.

TheFDN

All this is great, but a stupid point is a stupid point. The fact that he is apparently a big TCU fan doesn't make him any more right, or less wrong. Using Alabama as a vehicle to explain what? Name me one time Alabama has gotten special privilege by the committee. Who should have made it besides Alabama in 2017 when they went 11-1? Don't you think 13-0 and 12-1 SEC champions should normally make the CFP playoffs?
And theirin lies the problem, and difference, between me and you. You think going into the season the SEC should just automatically be handed one of the 4 spots regardless because, well their the SEC. I think the 4 spots should go to the 4 best and most deserving teams regardless of their conference affiliation.

Zubaz

The CFB regular season is supposed to matter. What really matters is the name on the jerseys. Alabama had their shot, their one game against a top-ranked opponent this season, and they blew it. They were down 20 at the half. They threw out a clunker. Florida played LSU closer. Auburn played LSU closer. Minnesota took the field against the Pedos knowing their season was on the line, that a loss would ruin their CFP chances. Alabama took the field knowing they had a mulligan.

*It's nonsense that non-champions are allowed in anyway.
I do think if LSU, OU / Baylor, Minneosta / Ohio State, and Utah / Oregon win out, this won't matter. Alabama has "a mulligan" only if someone else slips up, and even then it'll depend on a lot of factors. It'll take quite a bit to get Alabama back in to the race, regardless of where they are currently ranked.

Wexahu

Complaining about the rankings in Week 10 or 11 is so silly. We do this every year and it always works out. That said:

This is ridiculous, it could just as easily be phrased as "Alabama has lost to the only good team that they played". There best win beyond that is what, 4 loss A&M? Duke? This goes both ways. Meanwhile, you blame Baylor and Minnesota for their close wins, but at least they've won every game! At least they've beaten some ranked teams. Minnesota is basically the same as Alabama except they beat their top ranked opponent in Penn State, and Baylor has beaten two ranked teams in Oklahoma State and Kansas State (I just through up in my mouth a little advocating for them).

I'd say beating A&M by 19 in College Station might be the most impressive win for either of the three teams we're talking about. Is A&M better than KSU and OSU? I don't know, but I don't think KSU or OSU would have beaten Clemson, Auburn or Alabama either. But whatever. The Alabama fatigue is strong and it's obvious.

Wexahu

And theirin lies the problem, and difference, between me and you. You think going into the season the SEC should just automatically be handed one of the 4 spots regardless because, well their the SEC. I think the 4 spots should go to the 4 best and most deserving teams regardless of their conference affiliation.

At this point of the season do you think Minnesota and Baylor are better than Alabama? What does most deserving mean? Just any team that hasn't been there before that has a remotely comparable resume?

I don't think the SEC should be automatically handed a spot, but I also don't think teams should be automatically eliminated simply on the basis that people are tired of them and want to give other teams a chance.

H0RNEDFR0G

Minnie has actually beaten someone. BU, not so much. If you look at the CFP rankings, I don't think BU could beat hardly any of the Top 25 and not a single one of the 12 teams in front of them.. They'll get this chance the next couple of weeks.

Who has Alabama beat? 0 top 25 ranked teams. I don't want to hear about their "close loss" to LSU either. They were losing by 20 at half in their home stadium, and if Bama didn't get a punt return... they could've been down 27 at half.