• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU didn’t plan to start QB Max Duggan as a true freshman. But it’s been working out.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FTW_TexasvsTCUFBC10

TCU didn’t plan to start QB Max Duggan as a true freshman. But it’s been working out.

BY DREW DAVISON

Max Duggan isn’t TCU’s starting quarterback if junior Mike Collins stays healthy. Or if Shawn Robinson doesn’t transfer to Missouri. Or if Justin Rogers recovers fully from a severe knee injury sustained in high school.

TCU coach Gary Patterson rattled off a number of scenarios where Duggan likely would’ve been in line for a redshirt season rather than starting as a true freshman earlier this week. But, make no mistake, Patterson has no complaints with how it’s unfolded to this point.

Duggan has gone through the expected growing pains as an inexperienced quarterback at the college level, but has shown signs of being the future face of TCU football. He’ll be back under center for his eighth start at Texas Tech on Saturday.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article237331379.html

texas_sicilian

I guess if 4-5 is considered "working out" then ok. Not saying Duggan won't end up being a very fine QB at TCU,but would have been nice to have a more experienced QB playing this season. Maybe would have been able to win SMU, Baylor games, who knows?

I realize those losses were due to more than just erratic QB play.
Perplexing play calls, horrific OL play, WR drops, etc. all had MUCH more to do with the losses.

Delton was much more experienced, and he was way worse. I don’t know how you can argue a more senior QB would have done any better with the aforementioned issues.

East Coast

Tier 1
In games decided by 1 score or less, we are 0-4. I’ll argue with an experienced, solid QB to mask our problems we would be 8-1 or 7-2 and still in the hunt for a Big12 Championship

LVH

In games decided by 1 score or less, we are 0-4. I’ll argue with an experienced, solid QB to mask our problems we would be 8-1 or 7-2 and still in the hunt for a Big12 Championship

And Baylor is 5-0 in games decided by a TD or less and has benefitted from 2 bad officiating calls to win a pair of those games.

There is a fine line between 4-5 and 8-1 or 9-0.

Froggish

I’m extremely happy with Duggan but I don’t disagree with your logic. However The idea that something like a more experienced QB is the difference between 4-5 and 7-2 is still a reach..Truth is we didn’t have a much more experienced guy even with Collins (3-4 career starts) and to presume he would have weathered the late game storms and be able to overcome all the other offensive deficiencies is pretty long stretch. We just aren’t a very good football team.

As we sit today...Duggan is the most experienced QB on the entire roster.

Casey T

Perplexing play calls, horrific OL play, WR drops, etc. all had MUCH more to do with the losses.

Delton was much more experienced, and he was way worse. I don’t know how you can argue a more senior QB would have done any better with the aforementioned issues.

Eh idk, I love duggan but he's had I think 3 games with about 30 total passing yards in the first half. I agree those other things are big factors too but Max's slow starts have also hurt us. Could attribute some of that to cumbie but he's also overthrown some guys

Mean Purple

OL and WR play impacts it a lot. A. you want your best playing as you get closer to the ball at snap.