• The KillerFrogs

274 Sports: TCU's Gary Patterson says team "has to score one more point"

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU's Gary Patterson says team "has to score one more point"

By Jeremy Clark

TCU is coming off a tough 29-23 loss to No. 12 Baylor last Saturday that dropped the Frogs’ record to 4-5 on the season. It was the fourth loss for the Frogs that was seven points or less.

The TCU defense did their part against the Bears, holding them to under 300 yards of offense for the game. In fact, TCU’s defense held the Bears to just 204 yards by the end of regulation. The Bears had just 8 yards of offense in the first quarter and 73 yards at the half.

While the defense seemingly did their job, the offense failed to generate much after a fast start. The Frogs totaled 171 yards at the half but finished with just 238 yards at the end of regulation, gaining just 67 yards of offense in the second half.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/A...-team-has-to-score-one-more-point--138436207/

Billy Clyde

Well, for those of us wishing for Gary to finally wake up and smell the coffee after that abortion against Baylor, I guess we know the answer. He's never gonna self-assess and see doing the same old [ Finebaum ] the same old way but cranked up to 11 isn't the answer. scheiss me.

McGregor's Goat

I'm not sure why so many fans seem to take it for granted that Cumbie is gone after the season. Maybe some people have actual inside information. I just assume Gary will keep saying, "We got to grow 'em up, we're a young team, had lots of injuries, win by one point", etc, and nothing will change.

Wexahu

I'm not sure why so many fans seem to take it for granted that Cumbie is gone after the season. Maybe some people have actual inside information. I just assume Gary will keep saying, "We got to grow 'em up, we're a young team, had lots of injuries, win by one point", etc, and nothing will change.

I think it's reached the point where the change just has to be made, and will be made. And I'm definitely not putting all the blame on Cumbie, he's been coaching with one hand tied behind his back. I hope he's not the scapegoat because the problem goes beyond him IMO.

Pharm Frog

Last year I went back and calculated the "one point" games to see what our record was under GP. I don't recall but it was about .500 which seems about right given that philosophy.