• The KillerFrogs

OK, so y’all want a new OC........

PurpleBloodSpitter

TCU needs to figure out how to navigate the upcoming rule changes allowing players to be paid for their likeness/promotions. That will be devastating to all non-mega programs and especially to programs like TCU that are typically competitive with the bigger bases but cannot carry the name/promotion recognition simply due to #s of grads.

Not saying Cumbie is perfect, and wow I disagree with a lot of play-calling especially this year... e.g. throwing on third from inside the 5, but it is what it is.

That Baylor game was epic, and some top-tier performances by TCU...

9 points scored against TCU in regulation from a top 15 program.

Duggan is for real.

What an amazing catch in OT for the TD, and all we do is [ hundin] we can't catch. Yes, it's been subpar this year, but what TCU did Saturday was nothing short of spectacular.

tx and baylor both ranked top 15 come here and get SHUT DOWN.

OSU was most disappointing after the turnaround vs tx. Spirit breaker.

Three more to go and anything can happen. This team can play with anyone in the Big 12.

flyfishingfrog

I would not judge anybody on what they do at Kansas. Literally the worst facilities in Power 5.
well nobody has hired him since or even hired him as a consultant - so that would probably indicate a severe lack of confidence in his ability considering there have been several former High School coaches hired as OC's at the college level in that same timeframe

y2kFrog

if we can figure out how to beat Tech and WVU, at least the players would get to go to a bowl and we get the extra practices - two things that are both good for the program.

I all for going to the Cheeze It Bowl again for all the young guys to get practice. I not really against the idea of Morris as future OC. I think him as an analyst at this point would cause more chaos then we already have.

Rabidfrog

why is it Cumbie's fault that a player drops a perfectly thrown pass in the endzone against a rival whose defeat could mean the salvation of our season?

Ron Swanson

why is it Cumbie's fault that a player drops a perfectly thrown pass in the endzone against a rival whose defeat could mean the salvation of our season?
Because if he had caught that pass, we still would’ve only put up 13 points in regulation.

This isn’t about one game, this is about Cumbie never having produced a really good season on the offensive side of the ball since taking over.

In 2017, we were just good enough on offense to not ruin it for our awesome defense.

In 2018, we were terrible on offense.

In 2019, we are terrible on offense.

y2kFrog

Because our receivers caught the dropsies the moment he was promoted and haven’t stopped for three straight years. At some point it is on the whole offensive staff.

texas_sicilian

This isn’t about a frickin dropped pass. He is a top 15 paid OC. Have you seen one season from him that would justify that type of salary, performance wise? We’re lucky if/when we break the top 50 on offense. He is not cutting it. Enough excuses.

Bruce Berry

He should have been fired several weeks ago.

I'm sure he is a nice guy but he is way over his head in the role. Ultimately, its not in his long term interest to stay if he wants to make coaching football a career.

Froggish

What about Chris Thomsen? Very successful at ACU and has HC experience. Might be someone who would be palatable to Gary.

If SC was to be fired and you had to have an interim then Chris would be the logical choice as he’s the only guy in staff to have actually called plays..He wouldn’t be anything more than a short term solution though..