• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

tcujsauce

I’m sure some of y’all watched Der Massiker too, but it was a beaut as per usual when BVB comes to the Allianz. Hansi Flick ⚽️ looking good so far.

Moose Stuff

Pulisic has a “hip injury” and may not join the USMNT this week. Wouldn’t blame him one bit if he was giving a giant middle finger to Berhalter. He certainly looked OK during/after the game this weekend.

Purp

Hahaha..... one thing I’m not is a front runner. I’d be more likely to get behind Dortmund.
That same proclivity is a large part of the reason I settled on Tottenham. Just couldn't settle with a "traditional" big 4 side (Man U, Chelsea, ARSEnal, or Liverpool) in England, though I nearly went for Liverpool during the Tom Hicks phase of ownership before he destroyed the Rangers and Stars. It's also a big reason why I can't stand Man City so much and I have a softer spot for ARSEnal now.

Moose Stuff

Pulisic has a “hip injury” and may not join the USMNT this week. Wouldn’t blame him one bit if he was giving a giant middle finger to Berhalter. He certainly looked OK during/after the game this weekend.

Officially out...... $100 says he starts and plays significant minutes coming out of the break vs Man City. Don’t blame him one bit for looking out for himself and avoiding that [ Finebaum ] show.

Eight

Officially out...... $100 says he starts and plays significant minutes coming out of the break vs Man City. Don’t blame him one bit for looking out for himself and avoiding that [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] show.

obvious why pulisic isn't going to play, michael bradley is out as well.

midfield for the us will be a complete [ Finebaum ]show without the field general himself out there so why fly across the atlantic without any hoping of quality service while on the attack

tcujsauce

Hahaha..... one thing I’m not is a front runner. I’d be more likely to get behind Dortmund.

Welp.

To my credit, I had no clue the magnitude of what Bayern was when I decided to be a fan. I got interested in Die Mannschaft after the USMNT got eliminated by Ghana in the 2010 WC. Had not followed football at ALL prior to this tournament. Bastian Schweinstager was my fav player for Germany, as he has the most German name. Then I decided I wanted to get into European club football so I said “whoever this guy plays for is the club I will support”. I believe this disqualifies me from the “front runner” label haha.

Definitely understand where you are coming from, but there are plenty of reasons to support Bayern aside from being the Deutcher Fußballmeister on the pitch. The culture and history of the club is remarkable. I’ll spare the sales pitch though.

Chongo94

Hard to believe that one of the most important games for the US Nats in years (according to some pundits) is tonight against Canada....

I get what they’re saying but I don’t really believe it. But just the fact that some think this tells you all you need to know about the state of the program these days.