• The KillerFrogs

Candidate for OC

4th. down

Buy the guy from LSU.

Tooo much dinero.

Yahoo! Sports' Pete Thamel reported Saturday evening that LSU has reportedly engaged first-year pass game coordinator and receivers coach Joe Brady about a contract extension as the Tigers sit at a perfect 9-0.

While the specifics of a potential contract extension were not revealed, LSU is prepared to pay Brady NFL coordinator market value and could have a deal reached by the end of the season, per Thamel.

Brady's current contract pays him $400,000 through the 2022 season. An NFL coordinator market value deal, on the other hand, would put Brady near the ballpark of $1.5 million.

Brady, who spent the past two seasons as an offensive assistant for the New Orleans Saints, has played a crucial role in the transformation of LSU's offense into one of college football's top-scoring units this season. Anchored by quarterback and Heisman contender Joe Burrow, the Tigers offense has shattered multiple SEC records in 2019 at entered Saturday as the No. 4 offense in the nation with an average of 535.9 yards per game.

As early as Week 2, when LSU prevailed in a 45-38 shootout with Texas, names among the likes of ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit were stunned by the beast on offense that Brady and Co. had assembled.

“LSU blew my mind with its offensive approach and performance of Joe Burrow.,” Herbstreit said after the Sept. 7 contest in Austin, Texas. “It was a very, very drastic change for LSU to try to become an offensive team and an attacking team."

That hasn't changed one bit in the time since as LSU is now in the driver's seat of the SEC.

As for Burrow, LSU's signal-caller delivered multiple "Heisman moments" in the win over Alabama in Tuscaloosa, giving the Tigers the first win over the Tide since the 2011 season. He finished the game 31-for-39 passing for 393 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.

On the season, Burrow is now 236-for-299 passing for 3,198 yards, 33 touchdowns and four interceptions. He entered the game leading the NCAA in a handful of statistical categories, including an eye-popping 79.5-percent completion percentage. His season total remained at 79-percent passing after the win over the Tide. Burrow also ran the ball a handful of times in the win, finishing with 14 carries for 64 yards.

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron has called Burrow one of the most important recruits in the history of LSU football, and now the Tigers are 9-0 and likely to move into the No. 1 spot in Tuesday's release of the College Football Playoff rankings.

8COMMENTS
"You can do just about what you want with him," Orgeron said. "Throwing the football, extending plays with his feet and then how about those quarterback runs. He was fantastic."

Should Baton Rouge stay Brady's home for the long-haul, Burrow might have plenty of company down the road when it comes to elite LSU passers. The Tigers have remaining games against Ole Miss, Arkansas and Texas A&M before a potential trip to the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta, Georgia on Dec. 7.

ticketfrog123

not sure, is riley a fan of the theater?

Heard Riley’s offense will perform their best interpretation of the closing scene of Romeo and Juliet when they meet our defense.

hint: they’ll dagger our defense and take away our will to live after each jaw dropping TD

Last edited:

robbroyy

I don’t think you understand the caliber of talent TCU can pull in with this OC hire.

Why would we interview Mike Norvell’s OC at Memphis when Mike himself could be one of our candidates. There’s potential for a big hire to be the coach in waiting depending on performance, if that’s something they want.

TCU has a head coach who is one of the top 15 paid in the country and pays the staff well. Fort Worth and Texas are prime locations in the CFB landscape as far as places to live. (Stillwater and Waco are on line 2...or line 99)

we’re not digging deep into left field for this hire. We’ll get somebody who has demonstrated success and competency.
Mike is going to earn 5 million to be a P5 HC. He’s not taking 2 million to be a coordinator.

I don’t think you understand the caliber of talent TCU can pull in with this OC hire.

Why would we interview Mike Norvell’s OC at Memphis when Mike himself could be one of our candidates. There’s potential for a big hire to be the coach in waiting depending on performance, if that’s something they want.

TCU has a head coach who is one of the top 15 paid in the country and pays the staff well. Fort Worth and Texas are prime locations in the CFB landscape as far as places to live. (Stillwater and Waco are on line 2...or line 99)

we’re not digging deep into left field for this hire. We’ll get somebody who has demonstrated success and competency.

I like where your head is. Why not for the 5 years GP is here go buy the best offensive mind out there. See if TCU can win one with the best minds and recruiters.

TCU regardless of going full out or getting the next future head coach or just getting a OC TCU does need to get somebody who has demonstrated success and competency.

My thoughts in reality, TCU isn't going to be able to pouch a G5 head coach like Mike Norvell. Mike Norvell is going to be the next Florida State head coach. I like what your saying though shoot for the stars.

Baylor shot for the stars while in a huge scandal and got Rhule. That was incredible. No reason TCU can't attack some great candidates for its OC. Totally agree, but TCU needs a full list of candidates.

Last edited:

ticketfrog123

I like where your head is. Why not for the 5 years GP is here go buy the best offensive mind out there. See if TCU can win one with the best minds and recruiters.

TCU regardless of going full out or getting the next future head coach or just getting a OC TCU does need to get somebody who has demonstrated success and competency.

My thoughts in reality, TCU isn't going to be able to pouch a G5 head coach like Mike Norvell. Mike Norvell is going to be the next Florida State head coach. I like what your saying though shoot for the stars.

Baylor shot for the stars while in a huge scandal and got Rhule. That was incredible. No reason TCU can't attack some great candidates for its OC. Totally agree, but TCU needs a full list of candidates.

what links him to FSU? I’m honestly not sure he’s going to leave Memphis — pretty cushy guy making around $3mm/yr.

my point was that it’s a terrible idea to hire his OC when he’s largely running the offense.

asleep003

G5 head coaches aren’t leaving a head job to be an OC
It does happen.... when given the opportunity to take over the head coaching job in a few years, with proven OC performance, plus while waiting, making 2-3 times his HC G5 paycheck.

Last edited:

robbroyy

It does happen.... when given the opportunity to take over the head coaching job in a few years, with proven OC performance, plus while waiting, making 2-3 times his HC G5 paycheck in the waiting.
Name once in the last 10 years from a good team? Only one I know is Ball States coach leaving to be a special teams coordinator but he was about to get fired anyway.

Klaw

Mike Norvell is one of the highest paid Non power school coaches. He is not coming to be our OC

Is, if he is being offered HC, I am all for him being the new HC

asleep003

Name once in the last 10 years from a good team? Only one I know is Ball States coach leaving to be a special teams coordinator but he was about to get fired anyway.

So now you want to change it to good teams...... not just G5 schools.?.
The only one off the top of my head is Ruffin McNeil(42-28 ECU)) to OU assistant HC and Def tackles coach.There have been others... you're welcome to do the research to disprove that, as not that interested.