• The KillerFrogs

Candidate for OC

jtgofrogs

Makes the most sense to hire an Offensive Assistant from Oklahoma. 1. He would be well trained learning from Lincoln Riley. 2. He would know their offensive playbook and arguably they have been the best offense in the country for many years.

Froggish

Makes the most sense to hire an Offensive Assistant from Oklahoma. 1. He would be well trained learning from Lincoln Riley. 2. He would know their offensive playbook and arguably they have been the best offense in the country for many years.

If it isn’t a guy actually calling plays on Sats or Suns I don’t want him...The osmosis strategy is already failing us. Makes no since to go back into another situation like that..

I thought we had a one of these topics already opened:

Here is a few to start, more can be added:

Zak Hill, OC and QB coach for Boise State

Will Hall - OC and TE coach for Tulane

Jake Moreland - OC/Offensive Line for Western Michigan

Kevin Johns - OC/QBs for University of Memphis

Chad Morris - incredible Texas recruiter. Really good OC depends on if you like his Clemson/SMU term or if you look at his Arkansas coaching term. Has game calling experience and head coach experience. However, I'm guessing he will be the next UTSA HC but TCU coordinators make more money.

Kalen Deboer Indiana OC...Very talented

Grant Chesnut - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach Kennesaw State

Brad Glen- Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Georgia State - I like this guy... his QBs have been awesome. His starting quarterback has averaged over 2,400 yards passing and more than 600 yards rushing almost every year.

LSU guy that you like so much Cumbie has more experience than that guy. He would come to TCU not having any experience game calling or game planning.

I think TCU needs a more experienced OC this time. Or at least if not too much experience they have been having success for some years as an OC and moving programs to new heights getting promoted or going to new programs having success along the way.

The LSU guy only been an offensive assistant in the NFL before getting the LSU gig and he doesn't even call the plays. No thanks.

ticketfrog123

I thought we had a one of these topics already opened:

Here is a few to start, more can be added:

Zak Hill, OC and QB coach for Boise State

Will Hall - OC and TE coach for Tulane

Jake Moreland - OC/Offensive Line for Western Michigan

Kevin Johns - OC/QBs for University of Memphis

Chad Morris - incredible Texas recruiter. Really good OC depends on if you like his Clemson/SMU term or if you look at his Arkansas coaching term. Has game calling experience and head coach experience. However, I'm guessing he will be the next UTSA HC but TCU coordinators make more money.

Kalen Deboer Indiana OC...Very talented

Grant Chesnut - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach Kennesaw State

Brad Glen- Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Georgia State - I like this guy... his QBs have been awesome. His starting quarterback has averaged over 2,400 yards passing and more than 600 yards rushing almost every year.

Hoping this list is a smokescreen for the actual candidates we’ll contact.

none of these guys are getting a call.

Hoping this list is a smokescreen for the actual candidates we’ll contact.

none of these guys are getting a call.

Then it's a miss to not consider many candidates. All these guys are good choices and are in the up and coming. Let's see your list. I think TCU should go on a full search. Oklahoma State last year went out to find the best coordinators and assistants in the business no matter what level they coached. Some of the best coordinators we have in college football were high school head coaches that were given a shot.

Pharm Frog

Then it's a miss to not consider many candidates. All these guys are good choices and are in the up and coming. Let's see your list. I think TCU should go on a full search. Oklahoma State last year went out to find the best coordinators and assistants in the business no matter what level they coached. Some of the best coordinators we have in college football were high school head coaches that were given a shot.

Who is the L.D. Bell OC? or is he already under contract in Aledo?

ticketfrog123

I don’t think you understand the caliber of talent TCU can pull in with this OC hire.

Why would we interview Mike Norvell’s OC at Memphis when Mike himself could be one of our candidates. There’s potential for a big hire to be the coach in waiting depending on performance, if that’s something they want.

TCU has a head coach who is one of the top 15 paid in the country and pays the staff well. Fort Worth and Texas are prime locations in the CFB landscape as far as places to live. (Stillwater and Waco are on line 2...or line 99)

we’re not digging deep into left field for this hire. We’ll get somebody who has demonstrated success and competency.