• The KillerFrogs

We held Baylor under 300 yards in a 3OT game and LOST

HToady

Did Cumbie make the call to run out the clock with 36 seconds left in regulation, so that we could insure that an 8-0 nationally ranked team would get another chance, or two or three??????????

DeuceBoogieNights

Did Cumbie make the call to run out the clock with 36 seconds left in regulation, so that we could insure that an 8-0 nationally ranked team would get another chance, or two or three??????????

You know furious this board would have been if Duggan throws an int to lose the game there?

I tend to agree, would have been nice to try and get into fg range, but I also understand taking it to ot at home. I don't know what's the right call because we lost anyway.

AustinFrog

The defense was Championship level Saturday. At the end of regulation:
1 turnover
0 touchdowns
204 total yards
Gave the offence multiple possessions in plus territory

If you had seen only this, would you believe a P5 team could lose the game?

SnoSki

It damn sure is. This is his team. And do you think he wasn't behind the decision to eat the last 36 seconds of the 4th Q? We get about 50 yards there (3 timeouts) and Song can kick a FG.

Turtle Gary strikes again...
The fact that we ran it on the first play (risking a fumble with Sewo, our most turnover prone RB) tells you that GP didn’t really have his mind made up.

If you’re gonna waste 50 seconds and 3 time outs, why not kneel it?

I agree with his justification in the postgame conference that pass plays risk a pick, but, the indecision illustrates that GP really isn’t at his sharpest at the end of tight games.

SnoSki

I think GP made the right choice given the field position but I can’t help but wish we would’ve run it down to about 15 seconds before airing one deep to try for a catch and then a chip shot FG. That way if it’s picked Baylor has just a few seconds to go 50 yards and also line up for a FG.