• The KillerFrogs

It’s official... Chad Morris fired after 22 games

Raw Frog

His record as an OC speaks for itself in a good way. He is also a great recruiter and knows Texas. He would be a real shot in the arm for us. He certainly is not the only one, but I would take him today and let him hire his own position coaches.

Froggish

His record as an OC speaks for itself in a good way. He is also a great recruiter and knows Texas. He would be a real shot in the arm for us. He certainly is not the only one, but I would take him today and let him hire his own position coaches.

I agree on the recruiting front but the last 2-4 years would indicate he isn’t the OC he used to be by any stretch

Mean Purple

Funny if you read Arky forums one of their major criticism of him offensively is that he loves the screen...It made me laugh

You can do a lot better than Morris as OC but sadly he would probably be an upgrade over Cumbie
His style fits our type players, not Arkansas. Not sure why he went there. Never made sense. Gus Malzahn is a way better fit for the Hogs. But Auburn stepped up the money to keep Gus.

Gus should jump to there now. Chad leaves a house full of good recruits and, as an Auburn fan, I can say Auburn goes crazy and fires good coaches.

Eight

His style fits our type players, not Arkansas. Not sure why he went there. Never made sense. Gus Malzahn is a way better fit for the Hogs. But Auburn stepped up the money to keep Gus.

Gus should jump to there now. Chad leaves a house full of good recruits and, as an Auburn fan, I can say Auburn goes crazy and fires good coaches.

the only problem is chad morris' offensive style doesn't fit well with gary patterson.

Tumbleweed

the only problem is chad morris' offensive style doesn't fit well with gary patterson.

Don't think Gary would hire a guy like Morris. Too much conflict w/n two days on the job. Secondly trying to bully Gary Patterson will get you nowhere! There has been no discussion about hiring a replacement at OC or another coach. Do we need changes? Absolutely yes but people, this is TCU and rash decisions are not commonplace here! I can just imagine the demeanor on this board after the remaining three games. Reminder, I said changes are needed...yes... but right away...no, you'll not get them.

Eight

Don't think Gary would hire a guy like Morris. Too much conflict w/n two days on the job. Secondly trying to bully Gary Patterson will get you nowhere! There has been no discussion about hiring a replacement at OC or another coach. Do we need changes? Absolutely yes but people, this is TCU and rash decisions are not commonplace here! I can just imagine the demeanor on this board after the remaining three games. Reminder, I said changes are needed...yes... but right away...no, you'll not get them.

i agree and i am not calling for cumbie to be gone right now.

as i said before i think this is a bit bigger. gary, despite his claims he isn't involved in the offense has some thoughts on how he wants the offense to run which is his prerogative.

the one thing i have continued to say is go get the best oc you can find in putting in the offense you want for your team. they need to be able to draw it up, teach it, recruit it and call it.

once you have that oc in place give them carte blanche to bring in the staff they believe they need to make the offense work and that might mean some long term changes.

do i expect that to happen? no, but i can hope and i guess i can talk about it here but that might become subject to a vote so who knows

westoverhillbilly

The move to the SEC in 1992 made them irrelevant.

Nothing truer than this.. They were top tier when they were in the SWC, won a Natty in 1964 and were a top 10 team numerous times until they bailed for the SEC.. My son went to Arky and I tailgated with his old frat buddies after the TCU win in '17- they love being in the SEC- I told them they're like the neighborhood weakling who hangs out with the tough guys for street credibility, but that they naturally belong in the Big 12 where they could recruit Texas again and not be an 8 1/2 hour drive from their nearest division opponent (Ole Miss).. They'll suck for a long time to come..

flyfishingfrog

Another cautionary tale about a coach that jumped for the brass ring only to miss

He is going to get a lot of money - so no sympathy at all - but anyone with a brain knew leaving SMU for Arky was super high risk if actually keeping a coaching job was his goal

SMU would have let him hang around for a decade of 7-5/8-4 before Sonny Dykes

and Arky will never be successful in the SEC and thus never happy with anyone

Mean Purple

Chad does not create any drama.Heck, he would fit well with GP. Chad actually like TOP and working first downs.

Mean Purple

Another cautionary tale about a coach that jumped for the brass ring only to miss

He is going to get a lot of money - so no sympathy at all - but anyone with a brain knew leaving SMU for Arky was super high risk if actually keeping a coaching job was his goal

SMU would have let him hang around for a decade of 7-5/8-4 before Sonny Dykes

and Arky will never be successful in the SEC and thus never happy with anyone
Two coaches made that place work. Nutt and Petrino. They gave Nutt so much [ Finebaum ] he even turned down a heart felt plea from Frank Broyles to stay.

As for Petrino, maybe he should have stayed off motorcycles... and grad coeds.