• The KillerFrogs

NOW it's time to fire Cumbie. No more playing around

JockO de Frog

Just started reading this thread and I'm not going to read the whole thing. I actually don't think this loss is on cumbie. Our O line is bad. Is that Thomsen that we should be upset with? I think so. Our receivers were terrible. Quite frankly Reagor has underperformed this entire year. Did our best receiver, Barber, have a target today? First-and-goal at the one and you can't score? You should be able to punch it in in 4 plays with just about any calls- especially when the game is on the line.Oh well, maybe next year? We'll see.

Last edited:

asleep003

Not nearly as upset with SC as many. If only we just had good hands people, alone, like Baylor/ISU/etc, we most likely are 6-3 or even possibly a 7-2 club; in spite of all the ints/penalties/fumbles/QB inexperience/inconsistent OL play/etc.

Mr. Bigglesworth

At the end of the day, will Gary be able to give up enough control for a talented OC to come into TCU to take the reigns on this offense. I remember when Cumbie was the revolutionary OC and could do no wrong in town and that well has certainly dried up. Obviously Gary has built this program but is he capable of being a harbinger of change, and if not do we try to move him into a athletic administrative position and purse a coach more capable. I don’t know what that looks like but it always rubs me the wrong way that Gary doesn’t treat his team as one cohesive unit and has always seemed to be protecting the defense thru safer calls that in-change hurt the chances of the whole team. My last thought is how do we offer a guy like Alex Delton who left the team and was as much of a leader as allen iverson getting his team to go to practice, and a guy like Shane buchele makes it to a cross town rival that has had nowhere near the amount of success as our program. To me that is gross malpractice and Delton wasn’t a tcu talent but I digress. All I can say is this is pretty disheartening; bring back dick bumpas and guys with heart because the only player I’m seeing put it all out on the field is Max Duggan. Stepping off my soapbox - hoping for a brighter future.

Mean Purple

Not nearly as upset with SC as many. If only we just had good hands people, alone, like Baylor/ISU/etc, we most likely are 6-3 or even possibly a 7-2 club; in spite of all the ints/penalties/fumbles/QB inexperience/inconsistent OL play/etc.
no denying what you are saying. but it was not a good hands issue with the plays in the final OT after they (wrongly) overturned our touchdown. And the odd play calls have been more the norm with him.

asleep003

no denying what you are saying. but it was not a good hands issue with the plays in the final OT after they (wrongly) overturned our touchdown. And the odd play calls have been more the norm with him.
Don't be silly, good or bad play calling, we catch the balls, we win other games and not refering to any play(s) in any QTR of any game(s). That's all !

y2kFrog

It’s not a coincidence that ever since Cumbie took over all the good hands people are gone. When everything is bad on offense consistently, it is not a coincidence.

ticketfrog123

It’s not a coincidence that ever since Cumbie took over all the good hands people are gone. When everything is bad on offense consistently, it is not a coincidence.

agree heavily here. We can only hope Gary makes the difficult decision to clean house or put his lesser qualified friends as analysts instead of position coaches

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Cumbie needs to design the offense based on what we have. His current pass plays take too long to develop.

Run the ball coupled with quick pass routes. As the line learns to protect longer, slide in some deep balls.

Moose Stuff

Something has to change ASAP, it’s to that point for me. The talent to be good is on this roster, I have no doubt about that. Look how good the defense played yesterday and then consider we started 2 freshman at DE (backed up by another freshman), a freshman at safety, and a freshman at CB while playing two more freshman in the secondary at times. Couple other starters are sophomores. At one point I’m pretty sure we had 5 true freshmen on the field at the same time. On offense the OL needs an overhaul but there is young talent there with guys like Coker/Williams and I’m very excited about Max/Barlow/Foster going into next year. We’ve got another good recruiting class coming in behind them as well. We just need the right person/people leading them and that isn’t the case right now. Time to shake things up.

ticketfrog123

Cumbie needs to design the offense based on what we have. His current pass plays take too long to develop.

Run the ball coupled with quick pass routes. As the line learns to protect longer, slide in some deep balls.

the lack of slants this year is insane. Pro wells earned the right to be an every down WR

Realtorfrog

My desire to get a new OC took a lot longer than most. It’s watching other teams move the ball up and down the field seamlessly with both creative and normal plays while still changing things up. Have we ran a run play to the left at all this year? Slants were used against TX but not since on a consistent basis. The only plus I see this year from past years is we have finally decided to throw to the tight end.

Limey Frog

Just started reading this thread and I'm not going to read the whole thing. I actually don't think this loss is on cumbie. Our O line is bad. Is that Thomsen that we should be upset with? I think so. Our receivers were terrible. Quite frankly Reagor has underperformed this entire year. Did our best receiver, Barber, have a target today? First-and-goal at the one and you can't score? You should be able to punch it in in 4 plays with just about any calls- especially when the game is on the line.Oh well, maybe next year? We'll see.

I've been saying for weeks that we need to bring in an OC with enough gravitas and will to convince GP that the job requires hiring autonomy on the offensive side. A new OC needs to be able to bring in his own (i.e. hopefully the right) guys. It's one thing for GP to have review and veto power on hires, it is another entirely for him to continually hamstring OCs with the requirement that they work with the same old staff of position coaches who have been here year after year.

ticketfrog123

I find it amazing how many armchair head coaches there are on this forum....

Armchair head coach? It doesn’t take a genius to tell you that this offense sucks.

look at Michigan state this year, we’re in a similar crunch because our HC is too slow to make the changes that any casual observer will tell you.

last year, It felt like Reagor had as many rushing and KR/PR TDs as the rest of the offense combined