• The KillerFrogs

Fire Cumbie..!

Mean Purple

what games do you watch? The defense is not always elite, but they are rarely losing the game.

the offense is consistently a flaming pile of garbage and that’s partially on the OC
Some folks don't like when the D gives up a big play here and there. But when they have to keep going out there with their backs to the wall … and look for take aways, etc. because the offense is not getting the needed tds, then the D is forced into some aggressive schemes, not to mention the exhaustion factor.

I think overall, the D has done their work. Especially for this conference. I'm not big on GP trying to put it all on them.
I also don't agree with the idea that "this defense can't play from behind" idea. No defense can really do that. They can just try and get the other team off the field. Pick 6, etc. is just added icing. But can't be counted on to cover for an offense that is stuck between the 20s.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Some folks don't like when the D gives up a big play here and there. But when they have to keep going out there with their backs to the wall … and look for take aways, etc. because the offense is not getting the needed tds, then the D is forced into some aggressive schemes, not to mention the exhaustion factor.

I think overall, the D has done their work. Especially for this conference. I'm not big on GP trying to put it all on them.
I also don't agree with the idea that "this defense can't play from behind" idea. No defense can really do that. They can just try and get the other team off the field. Pick 6, etc. is just added icing. But can't be counted on to cover for an offense that is stuck between the 20s.
Not criticizing you but what aggressive scheme caused osu to have two running plays in aggregate of 160 yds. That is a complete failure by the defense.

Does anybody wonder if an actual OC would want to coach with Gary? The whole sideline seemingly is a clown show. At this point, Tcu should play a game of musical chairs and when the music stops there should be zero maybe 1-2 seats remaining for this coaching staff. I also feel it’s fair to question if Donati is capable of handling such a transition.

That to me is the true problem. Gary is not going to hire a true guru, because nowadays those guys are all let it fly types. Gary wants ball control. He puts the reins on things too much for anyone with any imagination to come here.

Mean Purple

That to me is the true problem. Gary is not going to hire a true guru, because nowadays those guys are all let it fly types. Gary wants ball control. He puts the reins on things too much for anyone with any imagination to come here.
I get what y'all are saying about him not hiring a Guru, but he did it to an extent with Meach. And IF, as some wonder, Meach is not really running the O he wants, then Patterson is looking to let it fly some, because it looks like we are trying to get to an RPO more. He was willing to tolerate both Boykin and Hill when they had an interception now and then.
Yeah, I know, likely blind hope on my part.

BearlyAFrog

How many other teams line up WRs 4-5 yards outside the numbers? What’s the advantage created?
Seems to benefit the defender unless we are creating a massive hole in the middle (which we fail to exploit).
Advantage created is that of isolating DBs. You put them out on an island with no help and it's up to your QB to recognize and take advantage of the mismatches. It also removes the secondary from the tackle box which opens up the run game.

asleep003

Complete failure was drastic but watching a guy have two massive runs without being touched was pretty sickening. I normally only see that in peewee football or when tyreek Hill touches the ball but he runs a 4.2.
He is the top RB in the Big 12 ... he does this fairly often. Not happy about it either.

Diehard

Duggan doesn't have an accuracy problem. He has an anticipation problem. He's receivers have a problem catching the ball. The whole offense has a problem of being on the same page. All of those problems can look like an accuracy problem, but are actually a coaching problem.

Diehard

Don't leave out the horrible and lazy rout running. It looks like the receivers are seldom where Max expects them to be. Also, as was mentioned in the broadcast yesterday, lots of open green in the middle of the field and no quick slants. At least that I recall.

y2kFrog

Complete failure was drastic but watching a guy have two massive runs without being touched was pretty sickening. I normally only see that in peewee football or when tyreek Hill touches the ball but he runs a 4.2.

Chuba Hubbard is an elite level track athlete who could probably run a 4.3. He also leads the NCAA in rushing by a mile and could be the first RB taken in the draft.

Billy Clyde

Chuba Hubbard is an elite level track athlete who could probably run a 4.3. He also leads the NCAA in rushing by a mile and could be the first RB taken in the draft.

Yeah I wasn't mad at what he did to us. . . I thought we did an amazing job of keeping him down for most of the game.

It's a crime that he isn't getting ALL the Heisman love.