• The KillerFrogs

NOW it's time to fire Cumbie. No more playing around

party frog

Dropped passes or not, Cumbie made several bad calls when the game was on the line. This not the first, second, or third time, but today was the most obvious example he is not a good OC yet.

He only knows the Air Raid. SC needs to study under another OC that does not run the air raid before he can take the next step in his career.

nwlafrog

Dropped passes or not, Cumbie made several bad calls when the game was on the line. This not the first, second, or third time, but today was the most obvious example he is not a good OC yet.

He only knows the Air Raid. SC needs to study under another OC that does not run the air raid before he can take the next step in his career.

where’s this TCU air raid offense at that you speak of?

Mean Purple

This has a lot to do with it. Just was not ready.

asleep003

Cumbie didn't drop the TD pass in the 1st Quarter nor did he throw at the feet of a wide open Reagor in the End Zone either ... amongst other plays of poor execution; all done against an undefeated top 15 ... 8-0 team. ... we had more turnovers !!

Didn't like all his calls, but neither agree with all of Bama's and other OC's calls.

Realtorfrog

As talented as Jalen Reagor is it appears to me he plays selfish football. A lot of guys out there need gut checks and look like they’re just riding it out until the end of the year because they have to be there. It’s sad to see a lot of talented players either not blocking or running haphazard routes. I could not agree with you more here.
He has been disappointing this year. Won’t go across the middle and drops way too many balls. I don’t see him being a first round pick but I don’t see him coming back. Hopefully I’m wrong and he takes the off-season and his senior year and becomes elite again.

Ron Swanson

Their D held our O to 9 points too. Their O missed scoring plays. So did ours. They should have had more points. We should have too. They were better on D and on O and pretty much even on ST although they made the biggest kick.
The difference is that their D got to face our O. Our D didn’t

GenXFrog

He has been disappointing this year. Won’t go across the middle and drops way too many balls. I don’t see him being a first round pick but I don’t see him coming back. Hopefully I’m wrong and he takes the off-season and his senior year and becomes elite again.

His measureables at the combine will far outweigh his stats this season.

Froggish

Fire everyone...At this point, It’s really the only logical conclusion. I’m down for it...Are we really that worried about a life post GP SC or really anyone? We are a roller coaster of a program and that is probably who we are going to be no matter who the coach is....In 2011 we stepped up into another class of football and shockingly we are getting the same results as about every middle of the pack program on the planet. So I say fire everyone...We got lucky with GP and just maybe we’ll find luck again.

y2kFrog

Cumbie doesn’t even know the Air Raid.

Pharm Frog

Yes

We have an incredibly incompetent offense. Stopping them isn’t that hard.

And it’s not that their D isn’t good. Their D is good. But our D was better... we did it against a competent offense.

So if roles were reversed....heaven forbid it...and you were a Baylor fan and the Frogs had won this game in OT, you would be saying that BU put a competent offense on the field? I really don't think you would. That was not even a good offense I saw out there today for BU. And I have no idea how you can say that our D was better. We allowed more points than they did. Do I think our D played well today. You bet. Did I think our D played better than their's...nope...although they did allow a few more yards and had a far worse 3rd down conversion rate against it. I think their D played about six points better than us through 3OTs.

Ron Swanson

So if roles were reversed....heaven forbid it...and you were a Baylor fan and the Frogs had won this game in OT, you would be saying that BU put a competent offense on the field? I really don't think you would. That was not even a good offense I saw out there today for BU. And I have no idea how you can say that our D was better. We allowed more points than they did. Do I think our D played well today. You bet. Did I think our D played better than their's...nope...although they did allow a few more yards and had a far worse 3rd down conversion rate against it. I think their D played about six points better than us through 3OTs.
I’m guessing that if you look at the advanced offensive metrics against common competition, the Baylor O is better than the TCU O.

asleep003

Just give it up ... Bears started slow... but were an 8-0 team coming in and we were 4-4 team coming in today. Their Offense is better because of Brewer/Mims and their WRs have good hands and run good routes.

Mean Purple

It's tough to watch, in part, because Cumbie seems to be a good person. Everybody wanted to see him do well.
Have not seen enough this and last season to indicate that it would be better next year with the staff handling offense. The inability to score in the red zone at times, drops, continued blocking issues, etc. They bring SC back and it repeats, it could really hurt recruiting.

I'm not sure there are many amongst those who follow the team closely who would feel confident saying, "it will be a great season next year". Just getting 6-8 wins a season is not really acceptable for a program the supposedly wants to complete pyramid and work towards championships.

Wexahu

Just give it up ... Bears started slow... but were an 8-0 team coming in and we were 4-4 team coming in today. Their Offense is better because of Brewer/Mims and their WRs have good hands and run good routes.

I think their offense is better mainly because their QB has more experience and sees things better at this point in his career than ours does Oddly enough, I think our O-line is probably better than theirs. Their WRs are better than ours though.

Ron Swanson

So what you’re saying is that if for the entire year to this point, the Baylor offense was the Frog offense and the Frog offense was the Baylor offense (i.e. we magically had their offensive players and coaches play for us and they had our offensive players and coaches play for them), we would have the same record (or worse) and Baylor would still be undefeated?

Because I disagree. I think if Baylor had our offense instead of theirs, they would have multiple losses. And if we had their offense, we would be above .500

Last edited:

Latest posts