• The KillerFrogs

NOW it's time to fire Cumbie. No more playing around

JAB331

the problem is that gary is the head coach for the entire program and just not the defense.

this idea he did his job when the offense is a wreck is wrong.

I don't disagree. He needs to fire his OC and find someone new, and empower that person to be able to succeed (and possible take the helm when he retires).

TX_Krötenechse

We might as well become a triple option team. Our wide receivers are, as a rule, terrible. They drop passes at a rate I wouldn’t believe possible had i not watched three seasons of it, they block with less effort than JV squads, and their route running is bad.

on top of that you have an OC who apparently doesn’t know how to scheme a play that can take advantage of gaps in coverage or create mismatches. Remember when we were going to move Reagor around and get him involved in new way? Well, he was lined up on the far right side every play this game except one. He never switches sides, he never plays in the slot (or if he does and I miss it, it’s because he is a nonfactor there).

we also consistently play our second best running back over our best running back and often on plays where it doesn’t make sense.

Pharm Frog

We might as well become a triple option team. Our wide receivers are, as a rule, terrible. They drop passes at a rate I wouldn’t believe possible had i not watched three seasons of it, they block with less effort than JV squads, and their route running is bad.

on top of that you have an OC who apparently doesn’t know how to scheme a play that can take advantage of gaps in coverage or create mismatches. Remember when we were going to move Reagor around and get him involved in new way? Well, he was lined up on the far right side every play this game except one. He never switches sides, he never plays in the slot (or if he does and I miss it, it’s because he is a nonfactor there).

we also consistently play our second best running back over our best running back and often on plays where it doesn’t make sense.

Triple option teams have bad ass blocking receivers

Mean Purple

complete staff makeover with a head coach for the entirety of the program who empowers a desired identity on both sides of the ball. Any current player not giving 100% sits and “grow up” young-ins in live fire. Don’t think anything salvages this season and unlikely the next. Win as many as you can but hit the reset button now.
GP only cares about defensive stats. well, congrats Patterson.

Wexahu

Agreed- that play calling sucked..

The offense itself is so bad I’m not sure there are many good plays to call. The running game is just brutally vanilla. We can’t run the ball against 5 and 6 man fronts with any consistency at all because every running play we have takes forever to develop.

Mean Purple

I'm not saying Gary is faultless but I just don't think this is on the defense. I know he is the head coach but he coaches the d and hired someone to coach the o. The offense should have put up more than 9 points with the turnovers and field position they were given. The defense held them to 9 in regulation. That's pretty impressive for this conference.

Gary should get blame as the head coach but the offense, specifically the wr's and offensive line and offensive coordinator should get a majority of the heat. For this game and the season.

As for Gary, he has to be on the hot seat. Cumbie needs to go. Go interim the rest of the year.
Today was on the offense AND very bad decisions by GP down the stretch. Should have took the yards on that last bu drive. And should have called time out with 36 seconds left.
Wonder what he'll do with those time outs he left in his pocket … again.
Probably already ate them.

Mean Purple

It took a 4-8 season to convince him to switch OCs/offensive philosophy before, and it may take another one. Sadly, the dead weight on the coaching staff, some of whom should have been let go after 2013, will probably still be around next year.
stubborn fat man aint changing anything. he will prove us all … right.

Mean Purple

The offense itself is so bad I’m not sure there are many good plays to call. The running game is just brutally vanilla. We can’t run the ball against 5 and 6 man fronts with any consistency at all because every running play we have takes forever to develop.
our o line aint helping.
sure, backs should not dance so much, but if they don't have a hole to run through ...