• The KillerFrogs

Screenshot of the overturned TD in OT

Zubaz

Foot.png
Here's the same shot, with a transparent line along the sideline for reference. His foot is pretty clearly over, there's even some over the line.

Now, that's a fairly low resolution shot, and obviously the replay isn't photoshopping an image for reference. I think from an objective standpoint they got it right. Key word, "think". The question is whether they made the right decision given the information they had at the time and had enough "indisputable" evidence at the time.

Moose Stuff

View attachment 6466
Here's the same shot, with a transparent line along the sideline for reference. His foot is pretty clearly over, there's even some over the line.

Now, that's a fairly low resolution shot, and obviously the replay isn't photoshopping an image for reference. I think from an objective standpoint they got it right. Key word, "think". The question is whether they made the right decision given the information they had at the time and had enough "indisputable" evidence at the time.

LMAO....... it’s not even close to CLEARLY anything.

Pharm Frog

View attachment 6466

excellent post proving they shouldn’t have overturned the call on the field

frogs9497

View attachment 6466

C’mon... this is [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

tcumaniac

College football has lost control of instant relay and it’s ruining the game.

Instant replay was designed to correct blatantly incorrect calls. Not to give a replay official sitting in a booth the freedom to over turn a call based on a hunch when something is a toss up.

There’s a reason “indisputable evidence” is such a big deal and a tie is supposed to go to the original call on the field.

Overturning a play like that is absolutely disgraceful and misses the entire point of instant replay.

If a replay requires more than looking at it for 5 seconds, go with the call on the field. Spending 10 minutes freezing the frame, zooming in, and trying to decide if a white blade of grass touched his foot or not is downright ridiculous.

Zubaz

Thays an oddly shaped shoe you’ve created there. Trying way too hard.
?? I didn't do anything to the shoe, that's from the pic from OP (which was *checks thread*.....you). I drew a straight line, then when you said that wasn't clear I removed some of the line to show where where the shoe is in relation to that line.

If your position is the original pic is bad, as I've said it's difficult to tell with a low-res shot.

Moose Stuff

?? I didn't do anything to the shoe, that's from the pic from OP (which was *checks thread*.....you). I drew a straight line, then when you said that wasn't clear I removed some of the line to show where where the shoe is in relation to that line.

If your position is the original pic is bad, as I've said it's difficult to tell with a low-res shot.

My position is that it’s isn’t indisputable and nothing you’ve posted has changed that at all. I’m assuming you know what indisputable means.