• The KillerFrogs

Frog Club Lunch

Wexahu

Because of Number 14...we are screwed

Good thing I bet my (2nd) mortgage on Baylor -2

If we're screwed, I'd say it's more because of #10. If there's anything you could say that would upset the football gods and get negative mojo on your side, that was it.

Not sure I've ever heard a coach say the opponent has "been lucky" leading up to a game before.

YA

If we're screwed, I'd say it's more because of #10. If there's anything you could say that would upset the football gods and get negative mojo on your side, that was it.

Not sure I've ever heard a coach say the opponent has "been lucky" leading up to a game before.
Lucky breaks has not been in dispute for Baylor. Look no further than the Texas tech game.

Wexahu

Lucky breaks has not been in dispute for Baylor. Look no further than the Texas tech game.

No doubt, Baylor got a break on that one and probably a few others. But no need for a coach to say they've been "lucky", that's kind of fan speak. And maybe you were paraphrasing what he actually said, I don't know, but I honestly don't know if I've ever heard a coach refer to an upcoming opponent as having been "lucky" leading up to a game.

Sebastian S

This is a paid private event.

I think he tries to be more candid thinking everything he says is “off record”

I understand, with technology, that isn’t the case anymore.

Should there be waivers that anything said in these lunches shouldn’t be broadcasted in public?

if not, these lunches would just be a repetition of his weekly press conference. Not sure our donors who pay to go to these things would like that.

HFrog12

This is a paid private event.

I think he tries to be more candid thinking everything he says is “off record”

I understand, with technology, that isn’t the case anymore.

Should there be waivers that anything said in these lunches shouldn’t be broadcasted in public?

if not, these lunches would just be a repetition of his weekly press conference. Not sure our donors who pay to go to these things would like that.

Agreed. I am thankful for the information but it is kind of BS to come straight to the boards and start repeating everything GP said. I guess it can't be prevented, but people wonder why GP keeps things close. Trust is out the window these days.

Frogenstein

Gary knows what he says in Frog Club gets out there. He frequently talks about spys being in the room. He isn’t wrong, after the luncheon that was before the Texas game the car in front of me leaving the parking garage had a UT Former Students sticker on it.

Froggish

If Baylor needs Gary to say they’ve been lucky to get them fired up for the game then they were scheissed to begin with. As soon as the ball is kicked off on Saturday nothing said prior to that matters at all.

Im fairly certain that BU themselves would say that they’ve been lucky...It’s really irrelevant as last time I checked luck wasn’t a bad thing.