• The KillerFrogs

Did the Astros just push out Reid like the Rangers did Nolan??

Punter1

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros...utm_medium=referral&__twitter_impression=true

Reading where the Astros owner is having his son take over running the organization and reassigning Reid to more of an advisor role.

I'm a Ranger fan and I'm still not over Nolan getting pushed out...and as an outside observer it seems like the Astros are making a huge mistake potentially messing with success.

I have zero inside info on this and I'm not sure how Reid feels about this but I would guess he's not happy....he seemed to enjoy being the management face of the Astros and I thought did a great job. But maybe all of the other Ryan businesses, which there are many, is where Reid would rather spend his time.

Billy Clyde

During the Series, I read an article saying that the incident with the female reporters by the Asst. GM was the tip of the iceberg in terms of dysfunctional management/ownership of the team. Said front-office staff is generally miserable place to be working, unlike many other baseball operations.

Who knows if true, but it's certainly part of the discussion around baseball. I've always thought of Nolan as a solid good dude, and my reaction was that if the things being said are true, he must not have much say about how the workers are being treated.

Eight

no word yet on which astro officials greenlighted the press release that first challenged the comments from the si writer about the events that lead to the firing of the assistant gm.

helcap

"I will not be back with the club and will leave it at that," Ryan said in a text message to Berman.

Message is pretty clear how Nolan feels

Frog DJ

Reid Ryan is the founder and CEO of both the Astros’ AA (Corpus Christie) and AAA (Round Rock) minor league affiliates.

I have no specific information about the internal workings of the Astros’ organization, but this doesn’t sound like he’s going away.

Go Frogs

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
From Reid Ryan:

“Jim Crane has been a great owner for the city of Houston, and I thank him for the opportunity to lead the Houston Astros organization,” Ryan said in a statement. “Thank you to the many employees, fans, and partners that have supported this team during my tenure as president. Baseball is about bringing joy to people’s lives and I take pride in knowing that we have made so many memories for our fans. While my role has changed, I will remain with the Astros and look forward to another great season in 2020.”

Double V

Maybe

lots fans down here but the Astriosseemed to be a good fit and Reid didcacheckbofcs job running th express
I agree. I dont really have a preference on the affiliation, but Reid has done a great job with the Express and I hope this move doesn't screw that up.