• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Baylor loses to TCU this time, the Bears are frauds

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If Baylor loses to TCU this time, the Bears are frauds
  • By Big Steaming Pile Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TNS)
FORT WORTH, Texas — Unlike that time in March when a group of Texas fans were denied the right to buy patio seats for the baseball series in Fort Worth, TCU AD Jeremiah Donati will not reject any Baylor fan who wants to pay for a seat on Saturday.

Tickets remain available for Baylor’s most important game of the season. A rivalry that once briefly was the best in Texas has returned, but the game isn’t doing much on Stadium Drive.

Kickoff for No. 12 Baylor at TCU is the dreaded 11 a.m., a perfect excuse for the students to no-show.

Read more at https://www.omaha.com/sports/nation...cle_f80a6872-b9aa-553c-9497-a3057f2595bd.html

MadFrog

My bet is that the Star-Telegram is about to go under. Yesterday I received an email from the FWST saying my monthly rate was changing from $40.73/month to $93.60 plus tax/month. To me, that is a desperate act that very few subscribers will accept. The good news is that when it happens, Mac loses his job. Good riddance. He has never been a TCU fan.

Moose Stuff

My bet is that the Star-Telegram is about to go under. Yesterday I received an email from the FWST saying my monthly rate was changing from $40.73/month to $93.60 plus tax/month. To me, that is a desperate act that very few subscribers will accept. The good news is that when it happens, Mac loses his job. Good riddance. He has never been a TCU fan.

$93.60 a month?!?!?! I wouldn’t pay that for a YEAR.

JugbandFrog

I feel bad for all the other folk employed by the Startlegram, but woohooo!

SuperBarrFrog

Dang. How much did a subscription to the paper cost back before internet and every house in my neighborhood got it?

Paradoxotaur

So you've been paying $500/year to have to go out and pick up trash on your lawn every morning?

LSU Game Attendee

After the ST goes under, Mac should partner with Mosely and Bayless. Like I used to enjoy tuning in to TAMU Dave South to wallow in the sheer inanity, I might be interested in seeing what the refined uberdoosh MMB team would excrete.

What Up Toad

Maybe they're trying to get people to just do the digital version. I don't subscribe to any news paper, but if I did, I'd probably just do the $100/year digital version and read it on my iPad/computer.

AroundWorldFrog

Man, Muck's a hard core TCU fan. Just trying to get everyone riled up for the game and have some bulletin board material for Gary. Can't you guys see that?

scheiss Muck