• The KillerFrogs

Downing could be the Best 5th Team QB in D1

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
My understanding was that in 2 a days and since, Downing was doing better reading the practice defenses than the other TCU quarterbacks and the TCU football brain trust thought some of these same scholarship quarterbacks would bolt Fort Worth if they let Downing play before them.

Downing has been on the travel squad all season and not players like Justin Rogers and others. That's not an accident. Gary knows what he's doing.

With those guys now off the team, it is a non issue and if Downing does play and plays well don't be surprised if Gary doesn't put him on scholarship. Gary loves his older brother who is on staff and helps send in the defensive play calls. Downing was the starting quarterback at legit Georgia power Alpharetta High School and was the University of Georgia's #3 qb as a true freshman behind 2 potential NFL quarterbacks.

I hope the kid plays well and silences any of these naysayers on here. Go Frogs...Beat Baylor!

Frogs finish 7-5 this year, then will win their bowl game and then do some January program house cleaning so the 2020 season doesn't look like 2018 and 2019. I don't like where TCU football is trending, but Gary will get it fixed. He's in the prime of his career.
From your keyboard to God's ears!

My understanding was that in 2 a days and since, Downing was doing better reading the practice defenses than the other TCU quarterbacks and the TCU football brain trust thought some of these same scholarship quarterbacks would bolt Fort Worth if they let Downing play before them.

Downing has been on the travel squad all season and not players like Justin Rogers and others. That's not an accident. Gary knows what he's doing.

With those guys now off the team, it is a non issue and if Downing does play and plays well don't be surprised if Gary doesn't put him on scholarship. Gary loves his older brother who is on staff and helps send in the defensive play calls. Downing was the starting quarterback at legit Georgia power Alpharetta High School and was the University of Georgia's #3 qb as a true freshman behind 2 potential NFL quarterbacks.

I hope the kid plays well and silences any of these naysayers on here. Go Frogs...Beat Baylor!

Frogs finish 7-5 this year, then will win their bowl game and then do some January program house cleaning so the 2020 season doesn't look like 2018 and 2019. I don't like where TCU football is trending, but Gary will get it fixed. He's in the prime of his career.

Wow, easy on the koolaid.