• The KillerFrogs

FWST: UT has gone out of its way to honor the late, great Dan Jenkins. TCU should do the same

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
OK for any who are interested, TCU Press sent out this about the last Dan Jenkins book EVER launch tomorrow 4:30-7pm at the Kelly Alumni Center (Cox C).

We hope you’ll join us for a book launch and reception celebrating the publication of Dan Jenkins’ final book, The Reunion at Herb’s Café. This special commemorative edition includes a foreword by Tom Brokaw and an afterword by Sally Jenkins.

Book Launch & Reception

Kelly Center, Cox C

Thursday, November 7th

4:30-7 p.m.

This event is free and open to the public. Books will be available for purchase. Heavy hors d’oeuvres will be available, along with a cash bar.

Yeesh! The link goes to the Texas A&M University Press! My computer has cooties!

I may be wrong but I don’t think his job is to kiss TCU’s butt

His job is not to write hit pieces either but that doesn't stop him. You love that snake. I'm not wanting him to kiss TCU's butt but I also dont see the point of attacking TCU at every turn either. Drew Davidson has done a good job. Other writers do a good job with TCU, no other paper for big P5 programs has someone like Muck. If he was a writer in the SEC he would have to move, fact. One thing to criticize and be factually opinionated another to attack at every corner to get people to read your crap.

If Muck could do a Dale Hanson on TCU like Dale did to SMU that would be his dream. That guy would love to take down TCU or get Patterson in trouble or out of town away from TCU. All for viewers and national media folks to pat him on the back and put a writing award on the wall. Or something he can look back and say I did that to TCU. For his legacy. IMO Max Mercy is what he is.

Last edited:

Punter1

Okay, TCU named the press box after him.

Dan donated his writings to ut.

What else is there to be done?

Rename the Business School after Big Ed Bookman?

Change the name of the Natural Resources Program to Dinosaur Juice Hunting.

Hire Coach Wetfart?

Give Jim Tom Pinch a place on The Board of Trustees?

Or maybe just name the Pess Box in his honor and invite Sally Jenkins to cut the ribbon.

I agree...this x 1,000