• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Alex Delton on departure: ‘I have nothing but great things to say about TCU football’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Alex Delton on departure: ‘I have nothing but great things to say about TCU football’

By Drew Davison

Alex Delton isn’t leaving TCU football with a grudge.

Instead, the fifth-year senior expressed gratitude toward the program and coach Gary Patterson in a message to the Star-Telegram.

“I’ll tell you that I have nothing but great things to say about TCU football, Coach P and the future of TCU football,” Delton said. “Coach P is a phenomenal top notch head coach at a first-class program. Coach handles business the right way.

“Nothing but love and gratitude towards TCU and the people of Fort Worth.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237043309.html#storylink=cpy

I guess he was ready to move to his next phase in life and that is join the real world.

If I had to give advice I would say stay in college as long as you can. Enjoy this moment in your life. You have most of your adult life to work. Get the degrees especially if someone else is paying for it.

VA Froggie

“I have nothing but great things to say about TCU Football... but I just don’t feel the need to finish the season as a captain because I was demoted for a better QB. The week my team actually needed me, I abandoned them because my feelings were hurt.”
Sounds close to correct to me, not talking to him or being a fly on the wall, seems really pour timing but life does on.

MadFrog

Once a quitter always a quitter. However, I don't think he would have made a difference anyway. There is a reason he wasn't playing.

West Coast Johnny

Alex Delton... International man of mystery:
-Is loved by both TCU and KState programs (although he left both programs in a lurch).
-Transferred to TCU even though he was not even good enough to be average at KState.
-Wasn't very good in play for TCU or against TCU.
-Gave both programs the finger and left for his own personal (selfish) reasons (and still shows both programs 'the luv')
-The best thing that I can say about this guy is that he lost both games for KState that he played against TCU
-When asked why Delton? Patterson said he was the only QB in the transfer portal that contacted TCU.

Why did we waste our time with this guy when we could have gotten (a UTEP quality) QB from any JUCO?

Dogfrog

What he said was great but it doesn’t erase what he did. Talk is cheap. Time to move on with his life? He just hurt his own future. Alex, you seem like a good guy and you’ve been a high character guy. So why did you quit? Regardless what is said it looks like bitterness.

Eight

Alex Delton... International man of mystery:
-Is loved by both TCU and KState programs (although he left both programs in a lurch).
-Transferred to TCU even though he was not even good enough to be average at KState.
-Wasn't very good in play for TCU or against TCU.
-Gave both programs the finger and left for his own personal (selfish) reasons (and still shows both programs 'the luv')
-The best thing that I can say about this guy is that he lost both games for KState that he played against TCU
-When asked why Delton? Patterson said he was the only QB in the transfer portal that contacted TCU.

Why did we waste our time with this guy when we could have gotten (a UTEP quality) QB from any JUCO?[/QUOTE]

you do realize he was headed to utep to play for dimmel before the frogs reached out to him?

Boomhauer

Alex Delton on departure: ‘I have nothing but great things to say about TCU football’

By Drew Davison

Instead, the fifth-year senior expressed gratitude toward the program and coach Gary Patterson in a message to the Star-Telegram.

“I’ll tell you that I have nothing but great things to say about TCU football, Coach P and the future of TCU football,” Delton said. “Coach P is a phenomenal top notch head coach at a first-class program. Coach handles business the right way.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237043309.html#storylink=cpy

upload_2019-11-6_12-7-53.jpeg

Mean Purple

By Drew Davison

Will be fun to watch some here try and twist this some how into GP being bad I'm some way.

As for Delton, guy made his decision. Move on.

His statements about the coach and program show GP to be first rate.