• The KillerFrogs

...And now DELTON is gone, too

flyfishingfrog

"Sources indicate Delton has grown frustrated with the program. The turning point came Saturday when Duggan exited with an injury on the final offensive drive, and the team turned to Collins instead of Delton.

That didn’t sit well with Delton and he decided it was time to move on."

Did he think that he deserved to play? Collins was better last year than Delton was in any season at K-State, and Delton was worse this year than he was in 2017 or 2018. He never deserved to split time with Thompson at K-State, and was at best TCU's third best QB this year.
plus we needed to pass the ball to cover the yardage in the time remaining - so they put in the better passer. I am sure had we needed to run the ball to kill the clock or use some type of wildfrog like option we would have put in Delton

HeidelFrog

I think Delton will regret his decision as time passes. He put his everything into football. I’m sure it hurt his ego, confidence, and spirit going from the graduate transfer/opening game starter/team captain to third string. It’s sad that he quit. He could have finished strong.

westoverhillbilly

I agree that Delton seemed a mismatch to bring in from the beginning.. I guess Sonny and Gary thought it wouldn't hurt to get another guy on the roster to push.. When he couldn't get us into the end zone against UA Pine Bluff numerous times and we had to kick field goals, I was completely unimpressed with him.. Let's just pray that Duggan is healthy enough to sling it the next four games or that Downing turns into something special- to earn 3rd team as a true frosh and get playing time at Georgia is pretty impressive, walk-on or not..

BigPurple87

Sarcastic-No-Way-Kristen-Wiig-Reaction-Gif.gif

Let me guess, you knew last week but you couldn't say

Eight

Who would have guessed that we would be extremely thin at QB before the season?

considering the frogs started fall camp with two healthy scholarship quarterbacks, collins was injured, no one was sure about rogers, and no one knew about baldwin's health or eligibility not a complete shock