• The KillerFrogs

Baylor Press Conference

don

Week 9. Baylor week. 2nd home game in 5 weeks.

Update on QBs? i think max will play. you should quit listening to twitter. will find out more today. Mike collins, probably not. Delton - he's been frustrated. time for him to step away. He was one of my captains.

don

Max - he might play. like last year, I was going to have to suit up.

Downing - he's been down on my end. Smart QB. We run the whole offense with younger group on Sundays.

Been doing this a long time. Nothing phases me.

Alex - Mike had to go in because we needed a thrower.

don

Max - balance long term health? he's just a freshmen.

Rhule - done a great job. haven't shot themselves in foot. play well in 4th Q. Both them and SMU had tremendous seasons.

Moose Stuff

Max - he might play. like last year, I was going to have to suit up.

Downing - he's been down on my end. Smart QB. We run the whole offense with younger group on Sundays.

Been doing this a long time. Nothing phases me.

Alex - Mike had to go in because we needed a thrower.

He’s been down on my end???

don

Brewer ? been a competitor from beginning. we looked closely at recruiting. all been competitors. his sister was one of our ambassadors.

don

we had two games on road - given up big plays.

Brewer as runner? everyone runs same plays. 5 times in OSU game we had guys in position to make play.

Baylor has good speed factor. They changed D to Iowa State scheme with 3 man front. Its helped them. Texas speed, more man coverage than cyclones.

don

we were able to make plays in 4th vs Texas at home.

Song? Better than a year ago. Give momentum. Points are points and you need a lot of them in this league.

Wilson start? he will probably start this week.

LVZ will play safety this week.

don

Baylor rivalry? not getting as much Twitter rebuttal from Baylor as a few years ago.

Baldwin - just started throwing. Had a knee and back injury.

McGregor's Goat

Delton - he's been frustrated. time for him to step away. He was one of my captains.

The entire Delton saga was bizarre. We heard so much about his leadership ability, how he was a captain and everyone respected him, but really he got more playing time than he deserved at both K-State and TCU, and just wasn't good. Maybe he's a great guy, I really don't know, but he wasn't a good QB.

don

we are doing a lot of good things in practice. until end of 3rd, playing good on D vs Okie St. Can't give them big plays. Hard to turn ball over 4 times.

ArDarius? great reaction player, He Wallow and Moehrig have been making plays.

Not playing D well in redzone. Keep coming up with ideas to make them successful. Tweak things to help yourself.

Shielding his signals on D? everyone steals signals. we've never filmed signals and lined up with the plays.

ESPN article on playoff? style points matter? no, that's not why we started committee. Choose 4 best teams at end of season. If you go by style, you need to go to 8 teams. Style points means t-shirts. Happened in 2014. We went from 3 to 6 after winning 55-3.

don

Playoffs have made parts of College football better, hurt bowl games.

2014 if championship game? I don't know. that's what they said. We had coaches that said they were glad they didn't have to play us that got in.

I would really like to see 8 teams this year.

Be a conference champion to be there? yes.

Joseph Turner in playoffs? i can't talk about school or kids. He's a success story. raised by mom. he left and went home for about 5 days. he came back. he was high up in managment and decided to make a difference. went into coaching. it's cool. not sure i agree with the beard thing. Had a lot of common sense. Teammates are helping him. It's exciting for him and the city. if you put effort into something, he's one of those guys that has done it.

TRF51

Bringing in Delton was flat out stupid. He was never going to be a player here. I don’t know what secrets he has on GP for GP to be such a fan of his but it is obvious he can’t play qb at this level and has never shown he could. If Colins or Rogers we’re able to get those reps maybe Rogers would have stayed.
People say what a great person and teammate he is yet he just flat out quit on his team when they needed him. Could you imagine if we would have went after the SMU qb instead? We would probably have two to three more wins.