• The KillerFrogs

Taggart out at FSU.

Hemingway

They paid his 18 mill buyout. Top 10 job in the country. Stoops is listed as a candidate. This job search will get interesting. Imagine we’ll see Patterson on the list , even though I have no idea what his buyout is.

matmoo123

They paid his 18 mill buyout. Top 10 job in the country. Stoops is listed as a candidate. This job search will get interesting. Imagine we’ll see Patterson on the list , even though I have no idea what his buyout is.

On the bright side, if we keep having 6-6 seasons, less chance someone tries to hire him away...

Eight

you think florida state would want to hire gary?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The final weight in the balance pan was the t-shirts handed out by the Miami (Fla.) folks: "Keep Willie Taggart!"

This could mean that Tapefingers might be available if GP is going to chance OC's.

Just kidding. I would never spend another dollar at TCU if he did that. And, we all know he never would.

LSU Game Attendee

This could mean that Tapefingers might be available if GP is going to chance OC's.

Just kidding. I would never spend another dollar at TCU if he did that. And, we all know he never would.
Too bad for Tapefingers. FSU was a perfect laissez-rape cultural fit for him. I suppose he'll land at either Mt. Vernon or Liberty.

tcudoc

Did Taggart fall for the old "banana in the tail pipe bit?'
maxresdefault.jpg

Froggish

you think florida state would want to hire gary?
GP would be an idiot to take that job even if they offered 3 times as much as makes at TCU....For one he can ride off into the sunset here with 6-6 seasons without any heat at all....Sure he might occasionally here a grumble, but at a school like FSU they have the alumni and the "win at all cost" mentality that would bury GP in a second.

Hemingway

GP would be an idiot to take that job even if they offered 3 times as much as makes at TCU....For one he can ride off into the sunset here with 6-6 seasons without any heat at all....Sure he might occasionally here a grumble, but at a school like FSU they have the alumni and the "win at all cost" mentality that would bury GP in a second.
Taggart was fired for his record and everyone could see things actually getting worse. He got a lot great recruits as well.

I don’t think GP would fail if he was at FSU. If that’s what you mean. In fact, I imagine he’d probably enjoy a new challenge.

Froginbedford

I feel the heat on all the posts critical of GP and the 6-7 and 7-6 seasons....And possibly a 4-8 or 5-7 season this year....

Reading all the posts by disgruntled fans makes me think many would adopt the "any cost" mode rather quickly....

Eight

Taggart was fired for his record and everyone could see things actually getting worse. He got a lot great recruits as well.

I don’t think GP would fail if he was at FSU. If that’s what you mean. In fact, I imagine he’d probably enjoy a new challenge.

i do not believe gary would do well in the environment in fsu as froggish wrote about.

he is allowed to operate behind his purple curtain and he faces a fraction of the scrutiny at tcu as he would at fsu.

if he wants a new challenge he can go after it, but the way it looks right now he has all the challenge he and his staff can handle in fort worth and the big 12

Froggish

I think GP would do fine anywhere..