• The KillerFrogs

Frogs better off this time of year than 2018

asleep003

The Frog had to win 3 of the last 4 games to go bowling.
This year the Frogs need to win 2 of the last 4 games to go bowling.
Though ... didn't have to play 2 Top AP 15 teams of those 4 in 2018.
However, feel good we can achieve a Bowl : even if it's the Cactus.

Sebastian S

The fact that we base our current situation on getting bowl eligible is sad.

Is this what TCU will settle into? Middle(upper middle) of the Big 12 conference? Hoping just to make a bowl game?

OU - probably expected lose to every year
OSU - always gives us trouble
ISU/Kstate/Tech/WVU - hit or miss every year
Texas/Baylor - only saving grace, we have dominated these enemies the past few years but can we continue?
Kansas/SMU - Not always a gimmie

Did we catch lightning in a bottle in 2014 that spilled over to 2015 and that's it?

I want to see progress, which i know is tougher in a P5 conference but things have to change.

Patterson has fed us success and now we are demanding it. Is that selfish?

Hell Sent Frog

Yes, at this point, I'd be happy with 6-6 and a bowl game vs a SEC team.
We only need to win our two remaining home games, Baylor and UWV to get there. And we have a winnable Tech game in Lubbock to also help us get to six or maybe even seven.

Christcu

Is this what TCU will settle into? Middle(upper middle) of the Big 12 conference? Hoping just to make a bowl game?

Texas/Baylor - only saving grace, we have dominated these enemies the past few years but can we continue?

Did we catch lightning in a bottle in 2014 that spilled over to 2015 and that's it?

I want to see progress, which i know is tougher in a P5 conference but things have to change.

Yes

4th. down

Yeah, well, GP is spinning it. He feels he has to as the crickets are beginning to make themselves heard. Hey, it's not that bad GP was referring to, we only lose by 1 score to a conf. rival who had lost only 3 conf. games, and we did it on the road. We need to get to 6 wins (another one of his accomplishments) so that we can make another toilet bowl.

We are caught between a rock and a hard place. GP is not going anywhere but he is so premadonna that he will not include anyone to come on staff that refutes what he says pertaining to coaching and managing the team. He would probably listen to Andy and LT, but not many more.

If Andy declines to be 2nd. string now for his NFL future, would we be ok with him as OC, if he would even consider it?

Limp Lizard

Looks like this program is back to being the cockroaches. Two 6-7 win seasons in an row is unacceptable. Or maybe in a couple of years we will be looking back on the days when we could actually go to a bowl.

It all depends on what is done to the offensive staff before spring camp. I looked at 2014-2015 offensive staff Cumbie was a team with Meacham, your whipping boy Anderson coached an outstanding OL (not pro prospects, we have more this year, just a better OL), Burns had an outstanding receiving corps, although "he hadn't played the position.")

I admit I am most disappointed this year with our Senior-laden, NFL-prospects, Offensive line and the run game. We pushed around Purdue and Kansas, but have struggled otherwise running the ball. And next year we get a whole season of GP whining about how young the OL is and how they must "grow up"!

Two bad years in a row. If it is 3 then TCU will have the next Rice Stadium....great stadium until they stopped winning. Now old and in disrepair but not the support to fix it.

Don Sanders

We are a competitive team in a very strong conference and play hard each week. I am OK with that and when we lose, happy that we are respected, even when defeated.

LawFrog504

This is the dumbest, most complacent attitude i've ever seen. this shouldn't be tolerated. This mindset is cancerous and leads to accepting 6-6 as "acceptable" in a town where complacency is already sky high

3 years ago we came off a NY6 win and recruiting was at an all time high. had bounds of momentum after the 17 season and have just absolutely botched all of it. I can't believe Cumbie is still in a job- do y'all see how bad these games are that he calls? This offense is an absolute abortion

asleep003

Last year we had injuries to blame. There's no excuse this year, unless you're happy being 6-6. I'm not.
So, struggling with a HS Fr at QB shouldn't count?

Injuries at the most critical position on any team, has an 18 year old that is growing and not seasoned at the most crucial spot on the team.

Also, what is misunderstood in the OP, at this point in this season, this is what we have to work towards, a bowl game, period !

Those that want to give up and complain and whine all the time .... have all off season to go ballistic on the the team/coaching/program and etc.

Waited 8 months for this season and going to totally support this program/kids, now, while everyone is doing their best to improve what we are working with.

2020 is time to Lynch / cut/ fire/ kiss /boil / pat on the back/ and make all the corrections that need to be done. Just chill and enjoy the kids ... win or lose.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Don Sanders just teeing it up for LawFrog there. One guy who's nothing but positive in the face of adversity followed 15 minutes later by someone who has several times threatened to leave his family if the Frogs are mediocre again.