• The KillerFrogs

Now Hiring

wilson912

But you are saying our defense is why we are so bad. I mean with a 15th ranked defense how much better can it get? Yes there is room to improve but if your defense is ranked 15th nationally then obviously there are more problems beyond the defense.

know what, let’s not change anything. Apologies for questioning you. Have a good week!

After getting torched week after week after week with both huge rushes and passing plays I think I might re-evaluate that strategy. Not brickhead Patterson though.
After getting torched week after week after week with both huge rushes and passing plays I think I might re-evaluate that strategy. Not brickhead Patterson though.

Personal attacks on our head coach like this post should be called out and banned. I know the typical defense for such posts is usually, “that fan boards are for fans to vent..ect”. However, I think people like this embarrass us all. Gary is the greatest coach in TCU’s storied history. There is life size statue of him on our campus. Not to mention our football program’s impressive graduation rate.

flyfishingfrog

I had no idea, man.
/s

301 yards on the ground. A top defense doesn’t ship the bed like that and the DC get to belittle and scold the OC without being held to the same standard.

I’m gonna bow out on this because it’s too difficult for some to comprehend.
Our defense is still the top in the big 12

Our offense is the 8th ranked in the conference

For some people math is hard

wilson912

Personal attacks on our head coach like this post should be called out and banned. I know the typical defense for such posts is usually, “that fan boards are for fans to vent..ect”. However, I think people like this embarrass us all. Gary is the greatest coach in TCU’s storied history. There is life size statue of him on our campus. Not to mention our football program’s impressive graduation rate.

He is truly great but for some of you people to have a problem with people questioning the current state and trajectory of the team is not ok. The stadium will be named after him and there should be no personal attacks but ok to demand he be held accountable, make changes, etc

wilson912

So you cant even answer the question.

There are 14 defenses better than ours according to the metrics.

So which of those 14 would you rather have?

Or would you rather have a worse defense than ours?

This is why you guys are total idiots. You guys act like we are giving up 700 yards, 70 points every game.

Let’s revisit your rankings at the end of the season. Our stats are a little skewed by Kansas and Pine Bluff. I know Gary is a legend but come on!

Mean Purple

Whether it has been -2 or -3 in the turnover battle or only scoring 17 against K State, the offense has done a lot to leave the defense no margin for error. Every mistake they make is magnified knowing the offense is going to struggle making up for it. While this is not GP’s best defense ever, I think it would be more that serviceable is we had a good offense.
The defensive stats would likely be better as well.

Mean Purple

None of which have resulted in a National Championship. (Dutch had a Natty)
Paterno was the greatest Penn State had, Bowden for the Noles. But there comes a time when evaluation has to be on the seasons current and most recent. A pattern, so to speak. And the pattern the past few years has not been so grand.

Chongo94

I mean, if you think that was a personal attack, I’d like to follow you around to see how you interact with society on a daily basis.

LVH

This is why I’m frustrated as a TCU fan. Baylor went from absolutely nothing to 8-0 in 2 seasons. What have we done in that time? Fight tooth and nail for 6 wins,apparently, despite recruiting the best that our program ever has.

Too much loyalty to yes-men and too long of a leash to assistant coaches who don’t produce.

I don’t believe for a second that Rhule has a more talented roster than we do but he surely appears to have developed them better than GP and Co.

Having a 3rd year QB really helps a lot

They had a Year 0 situation in 2017 where they had a ton of newcomers and freshman and its paying off this year because all of those guys are juniors and seniors now

Playing a non conference schedule of Rice, UTSA and SFA also helps

jack the frog

If ever there were a day not to blitz, it was today...GP should have played the contain and spy game today. Oh well

OK State has made the big plays all season with their running QB/RB combo busting long ones and throwing over the top, mainly to a WR that was out of the game yesterday.The one thing they have not done well is drive the field with extended possessions. Contain the QB/running lanes and keep everything else in front and make them dink and dunk the long drives and maybe we have had a different ballgame.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

3 losing seasons in 20 years. So bad. We are 4-4 and still have 3 winnable games left

Whose defense would you trade for ours? I'll help you out with a list of defensive rankings:

https://www.bcftoys.com/2019-dfei/

I don't judge TCU's defense by other Big XII teams', I judge by TCU's own standard. I'll take the 2014 Frogs, please. And, no, we can't be the best ever every year, but this is unacceptable. Or it should be.

CountryFrog

Is the defense, overall, better than the offense? Yes.

Have both sides contributed to losing games throughout the year? Yes.

We can waste time with rankings, stats this and that, coaching decisions, etc. If you actually WATCH THE GAME then you see an entire team that continually does all the little things needed to lose games like yesterday's. In the games we've won, the defense has been spectacular. In the KSU game they were ok, but still gave up a few big plays and couldn't force any turnovers. In the other three losses they were flat out bad. I don't know how anyone can watch the SMU, ISU, and OSU games and NOT say that was bad defense.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You sound upset. Most Big 12 teams would gladly trade their defense for ours. Most teams in the country would gladly trade their defense for ours.

Would you rather have SMU's defense that is about to give up 60 points on national TV?

Not everything exists in a vacuum.

No one is going to take you seriously around here when you call our most winningest coach in history a brickhead just because Oklahoma State connected on a few big plays today.
People over react on here all the time because they are either too lazy to look at actual facts or their feelings are too hurt over a football game to see what’s right in front of them. I look forward to the day when the people calling for GP’s head are posting about how much they miss GP when the next coach isn’t winning.