• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Patterson can be a leader for change, or sound like an old man fighting the world

ECoastFrog

Have thought about it; it is fun to do, although it's a lot of work.

To give insight into how Steel does Scattershooting, Steel reads A LOT. In addition to books, Steel reads lots of magazines, including The Week, Atlantic and New Yorker, and a bunch of outdoorsy mags. When Steel was doing Scattershooting, Steel would mark those mags up when he came across interesting information, largely numbers information not opinion. And then once a week would pick the most interesting and post.

With 6 kids and busy job and avid hobbies, finding time to do that is hard.

Yep, and I'm way too lazy to contribute. But it was fun when you did it.

AroundWorldFrog

Have thought about it; it is fun to do, although it's a lot of work.

To give insight into how Steel does Scattershooting, Steel reads A LOT. In addition to books, Steel reads lots of magazines, including The Week, Atlantic and New Yorker, and a bunch of outdoorsy mags. When Steel was doing Scattershooting, Steel would mark those mags up when he came across interesting information, largely numbers information not opinion. And then once a week would pick the most interesting and post.

With 6 kids and busy job and avid hobbies, finding time to do that is hard.
But you have time to read the Atlantic?

Dogfrog

Steel makes time for it. Steel don't sleep much. Reads. A lot. It's a damn compulsion! Some people smoke, some people drink, some people eat, Steel reads. If Steel won the lottery he would just spend all his time reading.

You could go back on your meds.

NORMLFROG

Mac is such an awful writer. Opened the link incognito so hopefully he doesn't get credit for a click, and it reminded me why I rarely ever click his articles at all.

On another note, I wasn't aware of this quote about Colt Ellison:

On Oct. 24, Patterson said of true freshman defensive player Colt Ellison’s playing time, “If we thought [so], he’d be playing more. This is not high school and we have a PTA and we’re worried about what the parents think. I’m trying to make sure I pay my rent. You play the players. You get to Friday and practiced all week and see the guys who handle it and the guys who don’t.”

That comment didn’t sit too well with the good folks of Aledo, where Ellison is from.

Heck, I didn't realize the opinion of anybody from Aledo mattered one damned bit. They need to concentrate on how many more ultra white names they can name their kids....Braeden, Stryker, Colt. I remember the good old days of Earl and Inez. Times were better then. Get off my effing lawn!

NF

steelfrog

Tier 1
Heck, I didn't realize the opinion of anybody from Aledo mattered one damned bit. They need to concentrate on how many more ultra white names they can name their kids....Braeden, Stryker, Colt. I remember the good old days of Earl and Inez. Times were better then. Get off my effing lawn!

NF

NORML! How are you doing buddy? You still in The Fort? How are the Boy and the Girl?

Casey T

Refusing to post muck’s garbage is not censorship. It is simply a TCU site not directly providing revenue to a writer who is known for demeaning and belittling TCU. If I started a blog that trashed our school in every article, I would hope you would not post it here in the name of free speech. Muck will never be censored because his garbage is out there for everyone to see - we don’t need to help guide people to it and put money in his pocket

YA

Banning people, putting people on ignore and refusing to post articles from certain people/papers is just about the weakest response to differing opinions. Get a life and learn to be an adult. Accept the world is not just one's little bubble and that is what makes life great.

Horned Toad

Banning people, putting people on ignore and refusing to post articles from certain people/papers is just about the weakest response to differing opinions. Get a life and learn to be an adult. Accept the world is not just one's little bubble and that is what makes life great.
I don’t agree with Obama much but his challenging young people about being “woke” was pretty right on target. Our differences are what makes life great.

Mean Purple

GP gave a youngster who has nerve damage and limited movement of a foot significant time and opportunity. Even when the injuries started in high school.
So Muck and EAD