• The KillerFrogs

FWST: A costly win? TCU receives fine, reprimand by Big 12 for field storming after Texas win

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FTW_TexasvsTCUFBC12

A costly win? TCU receives fine, reprimand by Big 12 for field storming after Texas win

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU’s win over Texas came with an additional price tag on Wednesday.

The Big 12 handed a $25,000 fine to TCU for the handling of a field storming incident following a 37-27 victory over then-No. 15 Texas. The conference also issued a public reprimand to the school.

Kansas and Kansas State were issued reprimands, too, and K-State also received a $25,000 fine for field storming after it upset Oklahoma.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article236839333.html

BedfordFrog68

FTW_TexasvsTCUFBC12

A costly win? TCU receives fine, reprimand by Big 12 for field storming after Texas win

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU’s win over Texas came with an additional price tag on Wednesday.

The Big 12 handed a $25,000 fine to TCU for the handling of a field storming incident following a 37-27 victory over then-No. 15 Texas. The conference also issued a public reprimand to the school.

Kansas and Kansas State were issued reprimands, too, and K-State also received a $25,000 fine for field storming after it upset Oklahoma.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article236839333.html

I don't recall a similar sanction in 2015 after the Baylor game....Herman must have gotten his feelings hurt again....

FrogSweep

Absolutely worth it. It was super to see such exuberance and animation from the students and inspiring to the rest of us who couldn't jump the rail. Reminiscent of when we tore the goalposts down with a victory over SMU--our only win of the season.

4 Oaks Frog

Keep storming the field! We have more money in the bank than the B12 has tickets in its ticket book...
GO FROGS!
BEAT okie lite!
Spit Blood ~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & B12 fines!!

netty2424

Why is this a fine anyhow? Excessive celebration? WTH. So stupid.
I think the fine is there to “force the hand” of the university to put measures in place to prevent it from happening.

The thought is the danger of fans getting hurt jumping the walls, getting trampled, and/or opposing fan player interaction on the field.

Saw a story on a girl who jumped a wall at a college football game to rush the field, she hit the ground and snapped her femur. Not ideal.

But we beat the arrogance of UT, so whatevs, rush it!

Limp Lizard

I think the fine is dumb. But I also thought rushing the field was dumb, too. Also potentially dangerous. We gonna rush the field for every #15 team with two losses? I found it at least a little embarrassing. I have been watching TCU play in the days when Texas was really good and would slaughter TCU, but am still mystified at all the hate at Texas. I have never had a really bad experience with Longhorn fans. The were damn friendly to me in my TCU sweatshirt at the 2005 State Fair. a$m on the other hand, the abuse and insultants have been there constantly and excessively, even when football was not the subject matter.

You see a lot of rushing the field after a win, so how many conferences have such a strict rule and how well is it enforced?

Last edited: