• The KillerFrogs

Oklahoma State Press Conference

Virginia Frog

Not sure there could be a less "about me" guy than Niang. Unreal that Gary gets ANOTHER pass. These comments are absurd and if he had any brains, he would keep his mouth shut because 77 will get his named called day 1-2 in April. Bet this is great for recruits
I believe that Gary feels great pressure for wins/success in running the program more than most D-1A head coaches. He's an emotional guy who has the best in mind for all those around him (players, coaches, fb staff, TCU athletics and the whole TCU community.) Because of this emotional pressure he makes talking mistakes way too much, but his heart is right.

In the LN issue he is right. Lucas should have "thought it through" before his announcement. It deprived GP and the team of some of their stealth this week vs OkSt. But this situation should have not been public and GP's gab here hurt the program a bit.

LN knows this and I bet he's forgiving. He erred, so did Coach. Just go forward.

I doubt that this incident will have any real impact on recruiting.

Gary need to "think twice before speaking once." It's hard to do sometimes when you're a bit worked up. We're all human.

Last edited:

TCUWIN

What does this mean? He hurt his teammates?
By letting OSU know he is hurt and not playing. He’s been hurt all year. And might be better they think a scrub will be playing versus a potential draft pick. May be the let down mentally by OSU DE might help us.

TCUWIN

And you really think that’s gonna impact the game?

Either way it’s a pathetic thing to say about a kid that poured his heart into your team for 4 years and tried to play through a bad injury this year. Textbook GP.
Exactly. I hope our coaches were already planning on how to stop OSU from taking advantage. Hopefully our OC wasn’t thinking we could go a whole game without ThenCowboys making some changes. But then again...

Dogfrog

And you really think that’s gonna impact the game?

Either way it’s a pathetic thing to say about a kid that poured his heart into your team for 4 years and tried to play through a bad injury this year. Textbook GP.

Stupid or not, Gary believes it. And pretty sure he has gone over this many times with players about what to say /not say publicly. Fine if you don’t like it but it’s his rule and he’s head coach.

Wexahu

Stupid or not, Gary believes it. And pretty sure he has gone over this many times with players about what to say /not say publicly. Fine if you don’t like it but it’s his rule and he’s head coach.

i think it's generally a good rule (it would be nice if all players stayed off social media altogether but I know that's not feasible), but I don't think it makes a lot of sense to apply it or make an issue of it when a senior has played his last game. At that point the negatives of coming across like a jackass outweigh whatever positives come from it.

Dogfrog

i think it's generally a good rule (it would be nice if all players stayed off social media altogether but I know that's not feasible), but I don't think it makes a lot of sense to apply it or make an issue of it when a senior has played his last game. At that point the negatives of coming across like a jackass outweigh whatever positives come from it.

Right or wrong his concern is Ok State and I’m ok with that.

Last edited:

robbroyy

They would have game planned for both since Niang wasn’t finishing games anyway this year. Then when he wasn’t there during pregame they would’ve figured it out.

Don’t get me wrong there is ALOT of details that go into game plans and personnel is important many times all the secrecy doesn’t do any good after the first drive.

You can’t tell me that GP really didn’t know who was playing QB for the first few drives vs Purdue

tetonfrog

It is open season on GP this year here.Some of you guys are worse than the Brits who chase after Megan and harry.

He was unhappy Lucas broke team rules regarding announcing injuries. That is all. The rest of this is nonsense. Has anyone spoken with Lucas since the press conference? How do the "outraged" KFC posters know he is upset with GP?

This is not about GP getting a free pass or not. He was asked a question about it and he answered it.........poorly. Get over it. You guys know GP better than a senior leader who has been here four years? When the NFL scouts come to FW before the draft, GP will tell them the truth and it will be all positive for LN except for one small thing (he broke a team rule and announced he was out for the year). We are making mountains out of anthills here...........again.

Classic KFC..............pre or post Roddog.

Boonescabanaboy

Take it as proactive excuse making or however you wish, but rumors are floating that Wallace had an injury in practice that will keep him out for several weeks.

This guy:

Froggish

Take it as proactive excuse making or however you wish, but rumors are floating that Wallace had an injury in practice that will keep him out for several weeks.

This guy:

I don’t believe it.. If Gundy even allows Wallace to get touched in practice each week he should be fired... of course freak things happen....