• The KillerFrogs

Calm down, now

Limp Lizard

Yes, it was nice we beat a pretty good team in Texas. I don't think it was worth storming the field if we beat a 2-loss team. If Texas was undefeated and ranked in the top 5, then, yeah. It was certainly encouraging considering how we looked against ISU and KSU.

The defense is simply looking like a second-half-of-the-season GP defense. I was never worried about the defense, he always turns it around. The defense is definitely what won the game.

The offense certainly helped by actually scoring some points. But:

The offense was basically the Max Duggan show. The escape in the end zone which looked like a sure-thing safety was the best play I have seen by a TCU QB since Boykin. Several of his completed passes were within a microsecond of being sacked. I am not sure any QB we have had in the last several years could have completed some of those passes.

What happened to the running game? The running game Saturday was basically Duggan. Our two good running backs averaged three yards per carry. What happened to the dominant OL we saw against Purdue? After that game I thought (and posted) "finally an OL that can run block"! Is everyone we play just selling out to stop the run? Or is the OL not nearly as good as we thought early in the year?

So I am still worried about the offense (due to the last few years), confident about the defense (due to the last 19 years). Duggan may be the best QB we have had if he stays healthy. But can the rest of the offense give him the support we need. Hopefully Reagor was not being too optimistic. One pretty good offensive game is all we have so far, along with the usual shut-down defense. I have my fingers crossed, every game is winnable (I am not on the Hurts/OU bandwagon like so many media people), and every game is loseable. If the offense shows up and scores touchdowns we will be OK.

We shall see.

Eight

Yes, it was nice we beat a pretty good team in Texas. I don't think it was worth storming the field if we beat a 2-loss team. If Texas was undefeated and ranked in the top 5, then, yeah. It was certainly encouraging considering how we looked against ISU and KSU.

The defense is simply looking like a second-half-of-the-season GP defense. I was never worried about the defense, he always turns it around. The defense is definitely what won the game.

The offense was basically the Max Duggan show. The escape in the end zone which looked like a sure-thing safety was the best play I have seen by a TCU QB since Boykin. Several of his completed passes were within a microsecond of being sacked. I am not sure any QB we have had in the last several years could have completed some of those passes.

What happened to the running game? The running game Saturday was basically Duggan. Our two good running backs averaged three yards per carry. What happened to the dominant OL we saw against Purdue? After that game I thought (and posted) "finally an OL that can run block"! Is everyone we play just selling out to stop the run? Or is the OL not nearly as good as we thought early in the year?

So I am still worried about the offense (due to the last few years), confident about the defense (due to the last 19 years). Duggan may be the best QB we have had if he stays healthy. But can the rest of the offense give him the support we need. Hopefully Reagor was not being too optimistic. One pretty good offensive game is all we have so far, along with the usual shut-down defense. I have my fingers crossed, every game is winnable (I am not on the Hurts/OU bandwagon like so many media people), and every game is loseable. If the offense shows up and scores touchdowns we will be OK.

We shall see.

this is a bit of yours right? akin to steel's bad poetry?

AroundWorldFrog

We shall see.
Did you test a lot of your own chemical products?

HFrog1999

We shall see.

source.gif

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Up to Saturday, we got a flicker here or a glimmer there, but the lights were finally on that day. Dimly, and a few objects in the room were bumped into, but we made it through without destroying all the furniture and smashing the chandelier.

Will the lights stay on? Get brighter, even? Who knows. That wasn't a very good UT team, but the confidence gained by winning is invaluable.

4th. down

Up to Saturday, we got a flicker here or a glimmer there, but the lights were finally on that day. Dimly, and a few objects in the room were bumped into, but we made it through without destroying all the furniture and smashing the chandelier.

Will the lights stay on? Get brighter, even? Who knows. That wasn't a very good UT team, but the confidence gained by winning is invaluable.

True, that wasn't a very good Texas team at the Carter but how do we explain there 1 score loss to 2 top 5 teams?

I'm with Limp, historically the back half of our schedule, GP has figured out his defense. IF we can score, we will be a force down the stretch as Baylor will find out at the Carter.

No more corner blitzes, exposing us to the deadly wheel route.

Eight

True, that wasn't a very good Texas team at the Carter but how do we explain there 1 score loss to 2 top 5 teams?

I'm with Limp, historically the back half of our schedule, GP has figured out his defense. IF we can score, we will be a force down the stretch as Baylor will find out at the Carter.

this so much, gary needs to trust he defense and not try to create things on the field.

the defense played much, much better in the second half of the game and i will be interested in watching if some of the younger defenders get minutes over a few older players

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Beating a top 15 team at home that embarrassed us last year (including charging the band Sherpa rentals) whose fanbase is one of the most arrogant in the B12, if not the country, certainly qualifies for a little on-field celebration. Sure the horns have been our $&%@# since we've joined the B12, but we've got a few decades of pent up frustrations and bad football to make up for. Plus, it's good for the rivalry and the players to see the passion in the fans—case in point, Wallow's IG post on the field after the game.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
True, that wasn't a very good Texas team at the Carter but how do we explain their 1 score loss to 2 top 5 teams?

OU just lost to K. State, who we should have beaten. LSU played them early. Perhaps we're not as lousy as I think we are...

From your keyboard to God's ears. I think we have a lot of work yet to do on shoring up the pass defense, especially knowing and playing proper assignments. Winning cures a great many ills...

I don't mind blitzes. What I do mind is predictability. Several times this season opposing staffs have had a play called perfectly right into the blitz we are about to run. That's chicken-fried death, and we've been served such a dish far too often...

froginmn

So the guy who last week said that SMU has taken our place is now complaining that our students stormed the field?

My heart couldn't take the roller coaster ride yours must be on.

frogs9497

We shall see.

tenor.gif