• The KillerFrogs

The deep ball is the key to everything

robbroyy

On the Reagor TD I was shocked they move the safety. He came over presnap to Reagors side than darted to middle of the field at the snap. Due to momentum I thought everyone in the world knew who it was going to.

You can’t leave CBs 1 on 1 with Reagor if Max has figured out the deep ball.

If he’s really figured out the deep ball (it was against Texas who gave up 48 to Kansas) and defenses continue to just play the run and we get help from rest of Big 12 vs Baylor and Iowa State, we could make a Sugar Bowl run.

The team we saw in black and red at Amon Carter yesterday is REALLY good. Just sad we may only have 5-6 games left of Duggan-Reagor. Reagor could have challenged all of Doctsons records with above average QB play his career. Hope he gets it the last half of this season

Wexahu

On the Reagor TD I was shocked they move the safety. He came over presnap to Reagors side than darted to middle of the field at the snap. Due to momentum I thought everyone in the world knew who it was going to.

If he’s really figured out the deep ball (it was against Texas who gave up 48 to Kansas) and defenses continue to just play the run and we get help from rest of Big 12 vs Baylor and Iowa State, we could make a Sugar Bowl run.

The team we saw in black and red at Amon Carter yesterday is REALLY good. Just sad we may only have 5-6 games left of Duggan-Reagor. Reagor could have challenged all of Doctsons records with above average QB play his career. Hope he gets it the last half of this season

It’ll be interesting how highly regarded Reagor is as a draft pick after this year. He’s a great deep threat but he hasn’t shown much else. Might be the offense and freshman QB, might be that he’s got a lot of work to do on other parts of his game.

robbroyy

It’ll be interesting how highly regarded Reagor is as a draft pick after this year. He’s a great deep threat but he hasn’t shown much else. Might be the offense and freshman QB, might be that he’s got a lot of work to do on other parts of his game.
Prior to the season I saw him top 15 in a lot of mock drafts. Here he’s not even listed by CBS in first round.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ix-quarterbacks-taken-in-the-first-round/amp/

His numbers have probably hurt his stock so far this year and his drops on punts. If he did come out he’d rebuild his stock by running a sub 4.4 - 40 and his agility drills. He’s basically Tyreke Hill. Not a jump ball guy but can kill you if schemes properly.

Ron Swanson

I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

This team will continue to be up and down the rest of the year if I had to guess.

robbroyy

I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

This team will continue to be up and down the rest of the year if I had to guess.
Expectation is we beat Tech and West Virginia and get 6 wins.

Ideally we beat everyone but OU and finish with 8 wins.

Purple glasses say OU continues to struggle, the 2nd half team from yesterday is the new norm on both sides and we get into Big 12 title game and win because everyone else gets 2 losses also.

Everything hinges on Duggan and the deep ball. WRs need to make plays like they did yesterday. Teams then have to be more aggressive on offense and that’s when Gary floods the zone.

Problem vs OKST is Hubbard can eat you alive on the ground. They have probably at least second best if not even better than OU in terms of pure talent trio in the league with the QB, RB and WR. All are really dynamic. But can Gladney limit the WR, LBs key on the RB and don’t let the QB scramble? Really tough challenge as it always is up there.

Last edited:

Wexahu

Ideally we beat everyone but OU and finish with 8 wins.

Purple glasses say OU continues to struggle, the 2nd half team from yesterday is the new norm on both sides and we get into Big 12 title game and win because everyone else gets 2 losses also.

Everything hinges on Duggan and the deep ball. WRs need to make plays like they did yesterday. Teams then have to be more aggressive on offense and that’s when Gary floods the zone.

Problem vs OKST is Hubbard can eat you alive on the ground. They have probably at least second best if not even better than OU in terms of pure talent trio in the league with the QB, RB and WR. All are really dynamic. But can Gladney limit the WR, LBs key on the RB and don’t let the QB scramble? Really tough challenge as it always is up there.

We can win every game except OU with solid games. It’s obviously going to take something much better than that to beat OU. We can also lose about every game if we don’t play decent. Gonna be interesting. Say this pretty much every week but this next game is huge in order to kind of get over the hump and set a new tone for the season and really get the mojo back. Simply can’t lay an egg at OSU.

Wexahu

Prior to the season I saw him top 15 in a lot of mock drafts. Here he’s not even listed by CBS in first round.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ix-quarterbacks-taken-in-the-first-round/amp/

His numbers have probably hurt his stock so far this year and his drops on punts. If he did come out he’d rebuild his stock by running a sub 4.4 - 40 and his agility drills. He’s basically Tyreke Hill. Not a jump ball guy but can kill you if schemes properly.

I’d be shocked if he’s a 1st rounder unless he just plays like a world beater these last 5-6 games. There might be 3-4 WRs taken in the 1st. He’s good, I just don’t think he’s quite that good.

Sebastian S

He doesn't scream NFL WR yet, he has 1 thing for sure, speed.

But I am not sure that alone gets him drafted, he needs more reliable hands. It was a different feeling when we had Doctson, you almost knew he was going to catch that ball, not so much with Reagor.

Planks

This was by design. Texas coaches had seen Max miss Reagor on every single one of those throws this season, so there was no reason to have safety help over the top. Just like having linebacker #44 covering Taye Barber deep with no safety help. Texas coaches were daring Max to throw deep, and for the first time this season Max made an opposing defense pay for it.

4th. down

We can win every game except OU with solid games. It’s obviously going to take something much better than that to beat OU. We can also lose about every game if we don’t play decent. Gonna be interesting. Say this pretty much every week but this next game is huge in order to kind of get over the hump and set a new tone for the season and really get the mojo back. Simply can’t lay an egg at OSU.

We are 1 out of 4 in Stillwater since joining the conf. IF, Max plays the 1st. half like the last half of the Texas game, we win. If he drops one of those dimes early for a TD we will be tough to beat.

Planks

It would be somewhat ironic if this is the way the season ends up. That means TCU will have beaten everyone we lost to last year (Kansas, Texas, Tech, West Virginia) and lost to everyone we beat last year (SMU, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor). Law of averages making itself known.

Yes I know I’m excluding OU. They don’t count.

y2kFrog

I’d be shocked if he’s a 1st rounder unless he just plays like a world beater these last 5-6 games. There might be 3-4 WRs taken in the 1st. He’s good, I just don’t think he’s quite that good.

Very few WR’s go in the first round anyway, and especially not unpolished ones.

Rabidfrog

Feels a little like running game has been regressing for the last few weeks. That’s not to say it hasn’t had moments but it’s taken a step back. As you said, if the passing game continues to show some life and Max can make himself a factor with his legs...We will give people trouble
Anderson needs to have some big days--over 100--in the next few weeks. If that happens, and we keep up the qb play, we will be conference contenders.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
A slight editing note: The deep ball is not precisely the key, it is catching the deep ball that is key.

We threw a lot of deep balls in the previous games. Didn't help a damned bit.

jake102

Feels a little like running game has been regressing for the last few weeks. That’s not to say it hasn’t had moments but it’s taken a step back. As you said, if the passing game continues to show some life and Max can make himself a factor with his legs...We will give people trouble

Everyone is selling out to stop the run game.

jake102

This was by design. Texas coaches had seen Max miss Reagor on every single one of those throws this season, so there was no reason to have safety help over the top. Just like having linebacker #44 covering Taye Barber deep with no safety help. Texas coaches were daring Max to throw deep, and for the first time this season Max made an opposing defense pay for it.

Exactly. UT didn't care if guys were wide open deep, we had missed 95% of them this season. I think before the offense got going Duggan actually missed one to Barber on that wheel route. Barber probably should have laid out to catch it, but he had 5 yards on the guy. No need for the pass to be a fingertips catch... and that had been the case every game this season. Fortunately Duggan started hitting the deep ones and seemed to settle. If that continues it will change everything

Eight

OL didn’t have a great game and now with Niang done as a Frog it likely it won’t improve much. If Max continues to progress, The next 3 games should all be winnable.

will be interesting to see how things go in the offensive line. if niang's hip was/is bad enough that a doctor told him he needed surgery a while back you have to think it impacted how effective lucas was in moving around in the run game.

frogs don't have a tackle that can match a healthy lucas right now but they may have tackles who can physically do things in the run game that lucas couldn't such as pulling.

Eight

We are 1 out of 4 in Stillwater since joining the conf. IF, Max plays the 1st. half like the last half of the Texas game, we win. If he drops one of those dimes early for a TD we will be tough to beat.

the second part of the caveat is if the offense we run in stillwater is the same keep it close and don't take any risks offense.