• The KillerFrogs

Punting

tiopepe

One of many reasons we lost the Kansas state game was their punters ability to flip the field and our inability to ever net >35 yards

flyfishingfrog

I know we used both punters yesterday

is the guy who kicked it deep using a traditional method the second guy or cam the rugby style kid do both and he just isn’t good rugby style?

because we need to stop the rugby thing - we are bad at it

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

is the guy who kicked it deep using a traditional method the second guy or cam the rugby style kid do both and he just isn’t good rugby style?

IIRC Traditional punter = preferred walk-on; Rugby punter = Aussie scholly

helcap

Sandy looks to me like a guy who kicks the ball well when practicing, but the pressure of live game action, especially the rush, throws him off.

4th. down

Why can the guy we gave a scholarship to not punt any further than the punter on my son’s JV team?

He was a rugby punter and we changed him to a drop spiral punter. Look for him back next year with a different and better spiral style. He has the leg strength - it's new to him. Dillon Jones, walk on, avg. 44.3 yds/punt so that's encouraging as is Kell.

Punter1

Sandy is a freshman remember so there is still a learning curve there...he has been very good at pooch punts so there is a silver lining to his season.

He obviously has a great leg...he is just gonna have to get some more experience and confidence. I think he comes around quickly. The benching was needed and I bet serves as a good wake up call.

y2kFrog

The walk on is a left footed punter. That’s how I could tell the difference.

Raw Frog

Is Sandy told not to kick it as far as he can, if it is not a pooch kick situation? Or is it kick it high with a long hang time?
Wonder if he is under instructions not to over kick the coverage, so take some off....