• The KillerFrogs

Turns out Gary knows more than 99.99% of this forum.

Jet Set Frog

I think the difference is the coaches finally figured out they wouldn't win the ball game playing scared. They took off the training wheels and gave the players a chance to actually play like they're able.

Leave the handcuffs off. Max has shown over and over that when we have to put the foot on the gas, he performs well.

Frostie

These posts are ridiculous. TCU played a whale of a game today and GP called a good game defensively. That doesn’t changes the fact that we laid eggs against SMU, ISU and KSU and were badly out coached and under prepared in both. Does that mean GP needs to be fired? No..Does it mean nobody should be allowed to be critical of him...Of course not...The program is average right now..It’s going to win about as often as it loses. Maybe slightly more

I know it’s a crazy concept for the less then nimble minds of KF, but if a program is average, it’s coaching is probably performing average to. I have never seen an 7 win football team that got 12 win coaching..Players and coaches need to be better..Today was a great step towards th

Looks like OU laid an egg yesterday to one of the teams you reference above, a team of 4-5 star players lost to a team of 2-3 star players. Also, just checked and a total of seven other teams have laid eggs when playing SMU. Some facts of life, you don't have great seasons every year, your coach does not out coach other coaches a 100% of the time and 100% of all the plays being called are not successful.

Froggy Style

Any of that can be true and it's still also true and undeniable that it takes time for a true freshman to adjust to the college game.
Okay, but Duggan hasn't been the problem or the risk. Doing a basic handoff to a DE and on 3rd and 7 no less, has been. Hurry up offense to repeat the same handoff play for zero yards is not the point of the hurry up...it's to change the formation and catch them off guard not covering someone.

Playing not to lose by just not making any mistakes is why we swapped out coordinators after several years of floundering in the Big 12. Don't wait until you're down seven to ask the offense to try to score rather than boring handoff to your DE on 3rd and 1 only to punt. If you have the pulling guard play, run it on the first series and take the lead and put the pressure on the other team.

Froggy Style

I think the difference is the coaches finally figured out they wouldn't win the ball game playing scared. They took off the training wheels and gave the players a chance to actually play like they're able.

Leave the handcuffs off. Max has shown over and over that when we have to put the foot on the gas, he performs well.
this

Js96

Any of that can be true and it's still also true and undeniable that it takes time for a true freshman to adjust to the college game.
The is 100% true, Dugan will continue to improve and do will this team. Wanting the coaching to improve is a fair debate, but some have unrealistic expectations. This is the Big 12 and not the Mountain West. Not many teams dominate the conference every year unless your Oklahoma or Alabama. Someone else posted we have the second best record in the Big 12 since joining the conference. Back then if you knew we would have that type of success most people would take that. Have patience, we will competing for the Big 12 title with Dugan for the next couple of years.

Froggish

Looks like OU laid an egg yesterday to one of the teams you reference above, a team of 4-5 star players lost to a team of 2-3 star players. Also, just checked and a total of seven other teams have laid eggs when playing SMU. Some facts of life, you don't have great seasons every year, your coach does not out coach other coaches a 100% of the time and 100% of all the plays being called are not successful.

Teams lay eggs all the time. Good teams and bad teams often fail to live up to expectations. There is a point where a programs “eggs” should amount to some criticism...

McGregor's Goat

This isn't complicated. People who said that GP deserves to be fired, or that he was never that great to begin with, deserve to be mocked. People who said that Cumbie is a bad OC who turns good talent into a bad offense, or that Delton never should have started and it's insane that he was #2 over Collins, or that GP needs to make some changes on the coaching staff - I don't know, I think they're on pretty firm ground.

And I don't know what to say about people who said that Duggan sucked or shouldn't be the starter, because I haven't seen them on this board. That just seems like a dumb straw-man argument to me.

Moose Stuff

This isn't complicated. People who said that GP deserves to be fired, or that he was never that great to begin with, deserve to be mocked. People who said that Cumbie is a bad OC who turns good talent into a bad offense, or that Delton never should have started and it's insane that he was #2 over Collins, or that GP needs to make some changes on the coaching staff - I don't know, I think they're on pretty firm ground.

And I don't know what to say about people who said that Duggan sucked or shouldn't be the starter, because I haven't seen them on this board. That just seems like a dumb straw-man argument to me.

GP deserving to be fired is pretty silly. But the idea that he needs to look in the mirror and make some changes isn’t even remotely worthy of being mocked. And if he can’t do that, then yes, it might be time for a new HC.

Realtorfrog

If you don’t think Duggan is a stud after yesterday find another team! That scramble in the end zone....about to be sacked for a safety.... defender yanks his face mask, moves out while straightening his helmet so he can see.......changed the season!!! Had other huge plays as well. Great team win! All facets played well! Go Frogs!

froginmn

Seriously though..... the people acting like we just beat Alabama and everything is perfect again are just as bad if not worse than the people they’re criticizing for thinking it’s time for Gary to go.
Literally nobody is saying that.

I see it as a joyful rebuttal to those who have said in the last week that Gary should be fired, the game has passed him by, we will go 3-9, we should hire Art Briles SIL, SMU has stolen our secret sauce, etc. In short, the huge volume of stupid we have seen.

I think we deserve a little celebration.

Endorsed, start to finish

ifrog

We beat an average (at best) and banged up UT team at home by 10. We are still 4-3 with a loss to SMU (at home). We did not just go 13-0 and qualify for the playoffs.

I think the fan base can still be upset/angry with how 2019 has gone...and can lay some of that blame on GP and/or his subordinates.

I don’t think anyone truly believes they understand football better than GP...and even hall of fame caliber coaches have bad years...and areas where they aren’t always stellar.
SMU is hosting ESPN Game Day this weekend lets not act like they are the same SMU team as in years past.