• The KillerFrogs

We are going 3-9

Limey Frog

Seriously. Who would take the time to post all that vitriol, particularly immediately after a win like that?

I am equally incapable of understanding how some of you can't feel BOTH thrilled to beat Texas AND disappointed that we're just playing for pride instead of being a serious Big XII contender heading into November. Is it so difficult for y'all to be sufficiently complex organisms that you can feel two things at once? Why do we have to suffer these infantile "ha! Loser, all is well!" posts?

It's not that complicated:

1. We love TCU football and want to see our Frogs win.
2. Yay, we beat the Horns! Suck it, Texas.
3. Why wasn't this team ready to play sufficiently near to its full potential in September to have not lost three games already and played our way out of a golden opportunity to compete for a championship?

This isn't "vitriol", it's just an absolute refusal to dignify poor logic with penitence. There is no cause for penitence: this squad should be 7-0. Baylor and SMU have managed it somehow.

Casey T

I am equally incapable of understanding how some of you can't feel BOTH thrilled to beat Texas AND disappointed that we're just playing for pride instead of being a serious Big XII contender heading into November. Is it so difficult for y'all to be sufficiently complex organisms that you can feel two things at once? Why do we have to suffer these infantile "ha! Loser, all is well!" posts?

3. Why wasn't this team ready to play sufficiently near to its full potential in September to have not lost three games already and played our way out of a golden opportunity to compete for a championship?

This isn't "vitriol", it's just an absolute refusal to dignify poor logic with penitence. There is no cause for penitence: this squad should be 7-0. Baylor and SMU have managed it somehow.
Tldr

Mean Purple

Correct me if I am wrong, but are we still not in the running. OU losing and Texas losing again. There is a lot that has gone down in the past few weeks. If we win out, then who knows.

Does not really matter. We need to win the next two. But can only focus on the next one. And now we have a key member of the O-line gone. Our guys have a lot of work to do. Hopefully they came in today as focused as they did last Sunday.

Moose Stuff

Correct me if I am wrong, but are we still not in the running. OU losing and Texas losing again. There is a lot that has gone down in the past few weeks. If we win out, then who knows.

Does not really matter. We need to win the next two. But can only focus on the next one. And now we have a key member of the O-line gone. Our guys have a lot of work to do. Hopefully they came in today as focused as they did last Sunday.

If we won out we would play in the big 12 title game as long as either Baylor or ISU lost another conference game. I think.

TX_Krötenechse

If we won out we would play in the big 12 title game as long as either Baylor or ISU lost another conference game. I think.
I’m not sure specifically what TCU would have to do beyond win out and have Baylor and/or OU drop another game, but mathematically it’s still possible for anyone including Kansas to win the B12 at this point.

Moose Stuff

I’m not sure specifically what TCU would have to do beyond win out and have Baylor and/or OU drop another game, but mathematically it’s still possible for anyone including Kansas to win the B12 at this point.

Is the Big 12 tie breaker head to head? We would be in the title game over OU if we won out if that’s the case. Wouldn’t require an OU loss beyond that.

asleep003

Frogs beat a team that was completely depleted w injuries on D. Offense ran the wildcat again..why? No back sets were fails until they got lucky on a chuck and duck...QB showed moxie but let's put the brakes on. Stoolwater looms...
No need for that... don't be a punk !

When you have 71 of the state's 4 and 5* recruits(over 5 years) and ranked #15, you're suppose to have the next man up and ready to go.

You play a team(3-3) with only 21 4*(no 5*) recruits/ that starts a QB that was in a HS football campaign just 12 months ago... certainly, no excuses please !

Go back to your Bevo board and drink some of that "Stoolwater".

Last edited:

Rabidfrog

Believe me: I cheered plenty today. And I was watching alone, in public a long way from Texas. I will always cheer for my Frogs and I'm thrilled to beat UT. If we're 0-11 and it's the last game of the year I'm tuning in hoping we make it to 1-11. But the OP on this thread is an "I told you so; y'all are wrong, nah nah na-na nah nah! Phbbbbbt!" Well, sorry, but with the Big XII as poor as it is this year we have the talent to be winning at least ten games. Even the Sooners aren't unbeatable, apparently. Everyone else looks thoroughly mortal. Yet we weren't ready to take advantage; our guys have looked poorly prepared in every phase of the game up until today. The schedule set up nicely for us to have gone into today's game at 6-0, not 3-3. Each of our three losses were winnable if we'd executed anywhere near our talent level.

We might limp to 7-5, which will be better than 3-9 of course and I'll be comparatively glad. But does that prove that the pessimists (like me) were wrong to be despondent after the Iowa State and K-State losses? Perhaps LVH and some other posters are happy to go 7-5 every year and play South Carolina in a bowl. I'm not. Leave that garbage for Texas Tech. I thought we joined the Big XII with plans of winning it.
Respect your views here. KSU was better than anyone realized, but Iowa State? Also a pretty good team, but geez. I'll take 7-5 right now. Not sure we have the "talent" some allude to here.

Limey Frog

Respect your views here. KSU was better than anyone realized, but Iowa State? Also a pretty good team, but geez. I'll take 7-5 right now. Not sure we have the "talent" some allude to here.

You're right; those are two good teams. Heck, SMU is a good team, too. I don't mean to take away from the quality of opponent, or to suggest that our having reached 6-0 would have been a simple, negligible achievement. On the contrary, it would have been an impressive achievement. But when you look back at those games, how many mistakes and missed opportunities did we have that seemed to come not from our opponents' superiority but our own apparent lack of readiness? I believe there were enough of those in each of our three losses for us to have won if they'd gone the other way. Yes, that is a high standard of excellence, but that's what championships are made of. And, yes, I'd take 7-5 right now, too. If we can replicate the second half vs. Texas, 8-4 mightn't be out of reach.

Limey Frog

Is the Big 12 tie breaker head to head? We would be in the title game over OU if we won out if that’s the case. Wouldn’t require an OU loss beyond that.

Yeah, mathematically we're still in it right now. Even with OU's loss on Saturday I have a hard time seeing a win in Norman--Oklahoma usually only has one of those days in them each season; they always seem to play their best for us. But, you never know. In the Big XII you're always alive if you have a talented QB, and we do have one, however young. Of course I'm rooting for us to win out and be in the championship game, it just feels rather unlikely. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Yeah, mathematically we're still in it right now. Even with OU's loss on Saturday I have a hard time seeing a win in Norman--Oklahoma usually only has one of those days in them each season; they always seem to play their best for us. But, you never know. In the Big XII you're always alive if you have a talented QB, and we do have one, however young. Of course I'm rooting for us to win out and be in the championship game, it just feels rather unlikely. Hope I'm wrong.

I’m not even remotely entertaining the idea that we’re going 9-3. Merely pointing out that it’s possible for us to play in the Big 12 title game if we did. The idea that we’re winning the rest of our games seems beyond absurd at this point in time.