• The KillerFrogs

Collins

CountryFrog

I'm not as sold on Collins as some but I am sold on Collins playing instead of Delton. And I don't think Collins is hurt anymore so that isn't it, it's some weird infatuation GP and this staff has with Delton that I don't understand. We've had other great kids here before that the coaching staff didn't seem hell bent on keeping in the mix.

I do think Collins is possibly better than Duggan right now just based on what I saw last year out of him. Duggan's inability to connect on deep throws is killing this team, literally costing us a TD or two a game.
That's certainly valid. I have no idea if Collins would be better throwing deep or not but we've absolutely missed wide open TD's on at least 6 or 7 plays this season with throws that weren't even close.

Limp Lizard

If Collins plays it will still be the same ol same ol. It is amazing during a TCU game to switch to other games and see how much crisper the execution is with other teams. We look like we are jogging through the plays in pre-game. The problem is not QB or play calling...we run the same plays. It is lackadaisical execution. On running plays with other teams the other back has hit the LOS about the time we make the handoff.

Planks

it's some weird infatuation GP and this staff has with Delton that I don't understand. We've had other great kids here before that the coaching staff didn't seem hell bent on keeping in the mix.

Good point. It was extremely well documented what an amazing, high character young man Caylin Moore was. Yet he never got a chance to play.

asleep003

Collins showed a lot of upside and strength last year, under severe conditions. Doubt either of these present 2 deep QBs could have been nearly as effective with the poor support Collins received. Neither are performing as well this year, with an improved supporting cast.

JockO de Frog

I just don't understand how so many people (who, sorry, don't know much about football to begin with) who have seen so little of Collins seem to be so convinced that he's a better option than Duggan. I can't conceive of what any of you think you're watching on Saturdays if that is your opinion.

Now, if your opinion is simply that we need to try something else and Collins has at least shown enough that he has some potential and COULD be a more consistent passer then that's understandable. But the certainty that some of you seem to have about Collins and that the coaches are just total morons for not knowing what you know about him is very odd to me. I'm not certain he's good or bad. I have no clue what he is.
No, I have no certainty and have not assumed he would be a better option. But I do not understand the staff not seeing what he can do. And I have seen enough of Collins to strongly believe he would be a better passer simply from last year's observation. Which is about equal to what we have seen of Duggan which tells me you may not know much about football to begin with.

JockO de Frog

For all we know, Collins may (or may not) be the next Jeff Ballard who only got a chance to play due to injuries of our 1 and 2. He made a difference, no?

CountryFrog

No, I have no certainty and have not assumed he would be a better option. But I do not understand the staff not seeing what he can do. And I have seen enough of Collins to strongly believe he would be a better passer simply from last year's observation. Which is about equal to what we have seen of Duggan which tells me you may not know much about football to begin with.
Guilty conscience? I never mentioned you or replied to you.

tcufrogprince1

1.) The problem is clearly not the players. Its the offensive coaching and play calling. Uptempo short quick passes and the kid plays lights out. 2.) Collins has no up side. Hes matured as a player and his best playing is still average. Duggan is legit and has so much more upside. Ill take a losing season if it gives him time to improve and gain valuable rhythm with supporting players. Duggan is the next Dalton. Mark my words. 3.) Cumbie got to go.

y2kFrog

1.) The problem is clearly not the players. Its the offensive coaching and play calling. Uptempo short quick passes and the kid plays lights out. 2.) Collins has no up side. Hes matured as a player and his best playing is still average. Duggan is legit and has so much more upside. Ill take a losing season if it gives him time to improve and gain valuable rhythm with supporting players. Duggan is the next Dalton. Mark my words. 3.) Cumbie got to go.

I do believe at some point Duggan is going to have a light bulb coming on moment at some point. I don't whether or not it will be this week, this year, or sometime in the future. When it does come out he will be force with his running ability. At this point, you gotta play him and hope it is sooner than later, because I don't think it'll make one bit of difference in our record one way or another who plays QB.

jack the frog

I do believe at some point Duggan is going to have a light bulb coming on moment at some point. I don't whether or not it will be this week, this year, or sometime in the future. When it does come out he will be force with his running ability. At this point, you gotta play him and hope it is sooner than later, because I don't think it'll make one bit of difference in our record one way or another who plays QB.

I agree. Max will be fine. He is showing a lot of poise and not making too many stupid mistakes. He fumbled some early but made the adjustments required to fix that problem in two games which is a great sign. Robinson never did learn how to protect the ball properly.

Max passed for 3788 yards and threw 35 touchdowns in high school. No way high school kids were catching 70 mph bullets to the head. He is just sky high right now.

tcufrogprince1

How about against UT? Lol