• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

I played exclusively infield into my early 20s and then later got into a local 30+ rec league where I played a few games in right. If I caught a fly there it was only because I didn’t have time to misread it.
Each outfield position is different too. I played CF from about 10 years old until I quit bc it conflicted with the soccer season too much. Then I joined the club team in college and was put in LF. I looked like a clown in LF at times, but played a couple games in CF when that guy missed games and it was like riding a bike.

I've noticed the same thing in church softball, though a softball fly ball in every position is drastically different from a baseball fly ball.

nwlafrog

I was always a utility guy. My main position was CF, but I had a lot time at 2nd and ss as well. Also hit lead off. I was the furthest thing from a power hitter.

Moose Stuff

Each outfield position is different too. I played CF from about 10 years old until I quit bc it conflicted with the soccer season too much. Then I joined the club team in college and was put in LF. I looked like a clown in LF at times, but played a couple games in CF when that guy missed games and it was like riding a bike.

I've noticed the same thing in church softball, though a softball fly ball in every position is drastically different from a baseball fly ball.

Your typical fly ball to CF is gonna have a truer backspin and be relatively easy to read. Many fly balls to LF and RF are either hooking or tailing away from you.

Purp

Your typical fly ball to CF is gonna have a truer backspin and be relatively easy to read. Many fly balls to LF and RF are either hooking or tailing away from you.
Yeah. That's why I struggle so much playing LF. I get my jump based on the hitter's feet/hips and where the ball hits the bat, but I still do it instinctively expecting it to behave in the air like a ball hit to CF. I end up not reaching balls bc I took the wrong angle to get to the spot. Strangely, a lefty hitting to LF is easier for me to read than a righty hitting down the LF line. I'd expect the slice to be harder to handle than the hook, but softballs do weird things.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I agree on the Wheat Thins. And its not just because of Sandy in a tied up shirt in a wheat field. They taste better and are easier. Now, if you are throwng peanut butter or ham/etc/ on it, the Trisquit seems to work better. Cheez Whiz on a Ritz is hard to beat.

I'm gonna try the Coookie Butter that Netty mentioned.

Ritz has some toasted sour cream and onion chips that are pretty good.

SnoSki

I am happy to pick up the poop as a courtesy to my neighbors. That said, I don’t blink twice when I see a pile in my yard. Don’t really understand the anger over it tbh.
Is it the stink? Don’t get me wrong; I don’t want someone slinging it into my front door but if a dog has to go, I don’t really care.

tcudoc

My neighbor used to specifically walk their dog over to my yard, wait while they pooped, then walk back into their house. When it is intentional and repetitive, it is infuriating. When it is is just a random occurrence that is not common, I have no issue with it.

Ron Swanson

I am happy to pick up the poop as a courtesy to my neighbors. That said, I don’t blink twice when I see a pile in my yard. Don’t really understand the anger over it tbh.
Is it the stink? Don’t get me wrong; I don’t want someone slinging it into my front door but if a dog has to go, I don’t really care.
I walk my dogs as much as possible so that I don’t have to let them out into the backyard to go because I don’t want my backyard turning into a yard with ship all over it.

I would feel like the biggest a-hole in the world if I just let my dog poop in someone’s yard and didn’t pick it up. People walk in their yards, their kids play in their yards. No one wants to step in a pile of ship.

Last edited: