• The KillerFrogs

Baldwin?

Frogmore

We have that individual that can make all those plays... and able to make some of the long ball plays and THAT does make a difference who is out there !! And would have today. Give up if you wish, on this team.
It would absolutely make a difference if we could trot someone else out there. We need someone who can throw over the top to Reagor and eat up the defense in the middle. Sure Max is a freshman and we can blame part of the problem on that, but he may just not be able to do those things. We should at least try Collins or Baldwin.

Frogmore

Baldwin will be practicing this week. His knee has been fine for several weeks. He had a tweaked back that has kept him out since his knee was cleared. No idea if Patterson plays him but he will be 100% clear to practice and play this week.
Gosh, I hope you are right. I know it's just high school film, but he seems to be able to make the right throws in 6A Texas football. It'd be worth a try. I loved watching him in high school.

Froggish

Baldwin might be the best QB in our roster but there’s no data to support it...At this point both Collins and Max have more experience...I hope Baldwin is great but the problem isn’t just at QB..It’s likely once we find a real OC that all our QBs will turn out to be pretty good..

y2kFrog

It would absolutely make a difference if we could trot someone else out there. We need someone who can throw over the top to Reagor and eat up the defense in the middle. Sure Max is a freshman and we can blame part of the problem on that, but he may just not be able to do those things. We should at least try Collins or Baldwin.

Max throws line drive deep balls exactly like Robinson. Almost like we don’t have a coach on staff that knows to say...”Why don’t you put a little more air under it”.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I love the many play suggestions described in previous posts. Yeah. New plays! That's the ticket!

What makes anyone think that we could execute something new? As everyone can plainly see, the things they have been working on all Spring, Summer and up to this very point are beyond their capacity to perform! What makes you think they'll suddenly perk up and perform brand new things?

BrewingFrog

I love the many play suggestions described in previous posts. Yeah. New plays! That's the ticket!

What makes anyone think that we could execute something new? As everyone can plainly see, the things they have been working on all Spring, Summer and up to this very point are beyond their capacity to perform! What makes you think they'll suddenly perk up and perform brand new things?

BrewingFrog

Froggish

I’m calling the shot now where we put a new QB (Collins/Baldwin)..They hit a few nice deep balls but we still lose..A bunch of people claim that they would have won the heisman and should have been the starter all along. Yet in the end we realize that they weren’t appreciably more effective than Duggan and we still go 2-4 the rest of the way. YUP...exactly like last year..

The play calling and QB development has been atrocious. How many talented QBs does Cumbie have to ruin before we all wake up. Could we get improved play at the position? Absolutely but that’s just a small part of the problem. This offense is bad..It’s been bad for 4 years...Yes it was average in 17 also.You cannot and will not win in today’s game with just defense alone..

Stop placing the ineptitude at the feet of Khill, SRob, Collins, Delton, and now Duggan!! Holy Balls! Nobody is that unlucky...The problem is the development..IT FLAT SUCKS