• The KillerFrogs

Baldwin?

Horny4TCU

I'm still on the Max bandwagon. He chose to keep it on a lot of options and beat them with his feet. He still has some great throws, and I'll give it that he needs to learn some touch, but overall he's our best option. He will get experience this season and be better in the seasons to come.

I blame our play calling. They need to be setting him up and make plays. Use the middle of field and some more 5-10 yard passes. It doesn't have to rain touchdowns every play, but our play calling is not good at setting up a young QB or passing game.

screen-shot-2018-09-11-at-2-58-39-pm.png

Eight

I don't really get where all this Collins love comes from. He played okay for 2 series against OU, then wasn't good in the second half. Played terrible against Kansas St and West Virginia, and then okay against Kansas (but we still managed to lose). Then to top it off missed most of Spring and Summer practice due to injury.

not collins love for me.

this team can't effectively move the ball with the current passing game unless we see significant improvement or......you play a quarterback who has shown a baseline competency in the passing game.

mike last year in a small sample showed the potential to be average to maybe above average in the passing game which sadly make him more effective throwing the ball than what tcu has shown over an entire game this year

Wexahu

We never use back shoulder throws which other teams seem to use often and effectively.

Overly paranoid about throwing INTs in my opinion. That’s also why we don’t use the middle of the field and it also might be why Duggan overthrows all his deep passes. Just my opinion but as bad as our passing game is the fact that we’ve only thrown one INT would indicate we aren’t being aggressive enough and have gotten the “don't turn the ball over” mantra so ingrained that we’re afraid to use half the playbook.

Wexahu

Why do other teams receivers seem to be open, but ours are so well covered? We can't seem to get any separation what so ever.

Some is a lousy scheme and sometimes the QB just isn’t finding or throwing accurately to open receivers. We’ve sprung guys open deep more than a few times and it’s always thrown out of reach.

y2kFrog

Overly paranoid about throwing INTs in my opinion. That’s also why we don’t use the middle of the field and it also might be why Duggan overthrows all his deep passes. Just my opinion but as bad as our passing game is the fact that we’ve only thrown one INT would indicate we aren’t being aggressive enough and have gotten the “don't turn the ball over” mantra so ingrained that we’re afraid to use half the playbook.

Shawn Robinson PTSD