• The KillerFrogs

Overall coaching thread...

Moose Stuff

GP is a one degree of separation guy...When he fires Cumbie this off season, he will replace him with a guy already on staff Thomsen or Luper (both will be a Mistake) , bring back Meachum (again a Mistake), or a guy that is one degree of separation from someone already on staff (I’m not sure who). There will not be a truly new blood of a hire because as I’ve maintained all along, anyone with any skins on the wall will want to bring in his own staff.

And if he does this I’ll give him exactly ONE game (maybe one half) for it to work before I flood this board with “it’s time for Gary to go” posts all fall.

Chongo94

GP is a one degree of separation guy...When he fires Cumbie this off season, he will replace him with a guy already on staff Thomsen or Luper (both will be a Mistake) , bring back Meachum (again a Mistake), or a guy that is one degree of separation from someone already on staff (I’m not sure who). There will not be a truly new blood of a hire because as I’ve maintained all along, anyone with any skins on the wall will want to bring in his own staff.

Kinda feel like this is the way it might go as well.

y2kFrog

What were his ties to Fuente, Meacham, and Cumbie before he brought them in?

tcumaniac

Unfortunately Gary appears to be one of those guys that thinks what worked in the past will work in the future, if only it's done with more frequency/intensity. . . So now he will go from cranking it to 11, to cranking it to 11.5, doing the same [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].
Yep. I think you’re exactly right. His mentality is “this ain’t our first rodeo. I’ve been good with these processes and these coaches before, so we’ll obviously be good again. Just gotta grow kids up.”

Problem is he’s sticking to what used to work with assistant coaches that are stale and out of touch. Meanwhile other programs are adapting and innovating.

Sigh

Froggish

No ties. People on here just make ship up to sound cool and smart. But they have ship for brains.

Not true...There’s a difference in hiring a position coach than a coordinator...Fuente spent 3 years as a RB coach before becoming our OC...Meachum and Cumbie have both been around a TT and OSU and GP knew both of them. Meachum more than Cumbie..But hey you keep spouting your idiocy all you want..

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Not true...There’s a difference in hiring a position coach than a coordinator...Fuente spent 3 years as a RB coach before becoming our OC...Meachum and Cumbie have both been around a TT and OSU and GP knew both of them. Meachum more than Cumbie..But hey you keep spouting your idiocy all you want..
Knew both of them. Strong ties. I guess you showed me, buddy.

Jackson

We all love what GP has done for this program & the University as a whole. That said we are on the brink of losing all the positive progress that has been made over the past 15 yrs or so! All too often Universities allow their “legendary” HC to hang around when it is rather obvious its time for a change. That change very well be a major shake up of Asst Coaches or the HC himself. When the trend line is poor and there is no change in sight the AD must step in and see that the necessary changes are made. TCU doesn’t need TENURED FOOTBALL COACHES!!
With all the issues they had to deal with how the heck did Baylor’s football program even survive let alone surpass TCU’s. Comparing the current state of these two programs is absolute proof of failure at TCU!

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Knew both of them. Strong ties. I guess you showed me, buddy.

FFEB5370-E790-474B-B88C-5877BB73E068.gif

cctcu

When there is so much hype before the season starts about the quality players on the team and how this is going to be GP's best defense in a long time, especially the secondary, and we have a really good O line and an All-American type receiver and quality running backs, and then we start looking like crap as the season goes on, offense moving in circles, defense porous, this has to be on the coaching staff, and that starts with the head coach. They either can't coach as well as should be, or they've lost the team's focus, in other words, the players don't trust the coaches at the moment. Things could change, maybe, but things within the coaching staff is going to have to change first. There has to be a whole lot better organization than what's being shown on the field right now. The team is just not now showing any motivation right now. Coaching?