• The KillerFrogs

TCU favored by 2.5 against UT

Chongo94

giphy.gif

CountryFrog

In all our self wallowing last night, some of us may not have noticed that the Texas defense looked incredibly atrocious against a Kansas offense that didn't break the 100 yard barrier against us until about 50 minutes into the game.

Still, though, I'm shocked at this line.

Chongo94

In all our self wallowing last night, some of us may not have noticed that the Texas defense looked incredibly atrocious against a Kansas offense that didn't break the 100 yard barrier against us until about 50 minutes into the game.

Kansas offense had a new OC. Had they had him against us, I’m through that yardage total would be different.

Ron Swanson

I talked to a UT buddy when this line came out. He said they are devastated by injuries on defense and are starting walk-ons as a result. I don’t follow UT so I don’t know how true that is.

Still doesn’t make any sense to me. I can’t believe UT isn’t favored by at least mid single digits.

CountryFrog

Kansas offense had a new OC. Had they had him against us, I’m through that yardage total would be different.
I know we've all convinced ourselves around here that a coaching change or two can immediately change a team around, but I'm not buying that Kansas suddenly became really good on offense in a week or two with one new coach.

Much more likely that it was some combination of a post-OU hangover for UT and the fact that their defense is average to below average to begin with anyway.

CountryFrog

I talked to a UT buddy when this line came out. He said they are devastated by injuries on defense and are starting walk-ons as a result. I don’t follow UT so I don’t know how true that is.

Still doesn’t make any sense to me. I can’t believe UT isn’t favored by at least mid single digits.
I know their defense has had some injuries and that they haven't played very well this year. I have no idea if they've reached devastation level on the injury front or not but maybe.

If they can't stop the run then that certainly provides a window of a chance for us to have some level of success on offense. Unfortunately, I don't trust our defense to play well against Ehlinger and the Texas offense.

Moose Stuff

It’s true. Their secondary is gutted and they lost another last night. Max is gonna totally shred them. I bet he throws for at least 40 yards in the first half alone.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I know their defense has had some injuries and that they haven't played very well this year. I have no idea if they've reached devastation level on the injury front or not but maybe.

If they can't stop the run then that certainly provides a window of a chance for us to have some level of success on offense. Unfortunately, I don't trust our defense to play well against Ehlinger and the Texas offense.
Their defense is garbage - 119 out of 130. They give up almost 200 yards per game and 1.8 yards per play than TCU. Doubt TCU can score enough to stop their offense though.

DickBumpastache

This may have been listed for about 2 seconds...Texas is already favored by 1.5 at BetOnline and will probably be 3 or 3.5 by kickoff Saturday.

UT will be one of -- if not the -- most popular bets of the entire weekend. Pro tip: you never want to be on the most popular side.

y2kFrog

UT’s defense is hot garbage. They gave up 31 to WV and 48 to KU. We’re about to find out how bad our OC is Saturday.