• The KillerFrogs

The 4-2-5 Defense

wilson912

Coach P, you are a legend, deserve all the accolades you’ve received, truly amazing. But now you gotta swallow hard and make some really tough decisions-changes must be made. Yes, nobody knows whether the offense is Sonny or you reigning in Sonny. But the defense is your baby. This defense worked great in the MWC where most days you had a decided physical and speed advantage over your opponent. In the Big 12, not the case. The 4-2-5 is a gambling defense that is dependent on having elite pass rushers and corners. Elite.

Please Gary, dump this defense.

wilson912

I actually agree with you. I've always thought it was a Mickey mouse scheme system that can't hold up over time in the big 12 with the way he still recruits.

my point exactly. Works great against AFA, CSU, etc esp run heavy teams. Look at our B12 stats since we joined. Not good at all! Love Gary and respect what he’s done here, this scheme is past its time.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
my point exactly. Works great against AFA, CSU, etc esp run heavy teams. Look at our B12 stats since we joined. Not good at all! Love Gary and respect what he’s done here, this scheme is past its time.
You are so bad at this. Stats have not been good? You should try facts instead of feelings.

Here, I will make it easy on you so you don’t have to exercise that tiny brain of yours. Feel free to look at the years since TCU has been in the big 12. You’ll find a common theme that shows you have zero clue about which you speak.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2019/leader/25354/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Coach P, you are a legend, deserve all the accolades you’ve received, truly amazing. But now you gotta swallow hard and make some really tough decisions-changes must be made. Yes, nobody knows whether the offense is Sonny or you reigning in Sonny. But the defense is your baby. This defense worked great in the MWC where most days you had a decided physical and speed advantage over your opponent. In the Big 12, not the case. The 4-2-5 is a gambling defense that is dependent on having elite pass rushers and corners. Elite.

Please Gary, dump this defense.
You’re obviously a troll. Shut the scheiss up.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Literally more people run some version than not in 2019. Even the new hip 3-3-5 took 3-4 concepts merged with 4-2-5 concepts. I’ll give you another hint. it’s not the defense we run that’s the problem.
Nope. Wilson says that’s wrong. He has nothing to prove his point but he starts a bunch of pointless threads so he must be right.

Latest posts