• The KillerFrogs

Character and the blame game

Rabidfrog

I hate to see all these comments blasting Patterson and other coaches. Gary has led us out of wilderness into a football program that demands respect. To me TCU is about character. We have had our lean years before, and this one fits that description. TCU may have kept Abe Martin too long, but his record called for respect, as does Gary's. We won't ever get the players that OU and UT get. So the hell what? On any given Sat. we can still to out there and give 'em hell. I love that old purple and white and always will. Character shows up not when things are going good, but when your back is up against the wall. Fire the coach? Is that what they said at the Alamo? Fire Travis? Fire Crockett? Fire Bowie? Hell, no!

Last edited:

TCUWIN

Only Patterson knows what is going on in the coaches office. I know I speculate that not much is going on in there these days, but he should know. Are the assistant coaches inadequate for the Big 12 (assuming they would be good in the MWC)? Or is Patterson himself growing complacent? Changes need to be made. I agree that Patterson has brought TCU toward the top of college football. He will and should be considered legendary, but he needs to look hard at this program and see where changes need to be made and then do it. It won’t take much to drop TCU back into the bottom of college football.

4 Oaks Frog

when you hit rock bottom only way to go is up.
The sad part is that we haven’t reached rock bottom yet. It’s that slow miserable descent that is killing me. Good that we beat KU so there will be something soft to land on when we get there. Now, on to the next heartbreak...
GO FROGS!
BEAT SOMEBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Big Frog II

The fact that we have kept Dan Sharp on this staff this long tells you everything you need to know. We need to get rid of the assistants who are not cutting it. We also need a dedicated special teams coach and quit giving lip service to that very important aspect of the game. Our recruiting also seems to be off. Our rankings may be higher now but the talent just is not there. This team would be drilled by every one of our MWC teams.

smufrogger

The fact that we have kept Dan Sharp on this staff this long tells you everything you need to know. We need to get rid of the assistants who are not cutting it. We also need a dedicated special teams coach and quit giving lip service to that very important aspect of the game. Our recruiting also seems to be off. Our rankings may be higher now but the talent just is not there. This team would be drilled by every one of our MWC teams.
I like Dan the former player and person and he’s had a heck of a run as a coach and should be able to retire without Gary’s aghanst of having to replace him.

purplecircle

okay...they did more with less. According to this board CGP is doing less with more. (I’m not convinced we have as much talent as others seem to have but that too would fall on CGP)

Just by taking our football budget (which is annually in the top5) and dividing by wins we have the nations worst ROI, and have for several years now. It’s difficult to make the case across any spectrum that we are doing more with less, unless of course one is arguing that we are winning on average more games with a completely inept staff than the same staff would do elsewhere. In which case I’d listen to that argument.

Salfrog

Tier 1

Not only Sharp, but Anderson, Burns, Glasgow, and hiring graduate assistants instead of going out and getting good position coaches that actually have experience. Cumbie should have been let go after the bowl game last year.

netty2424

Just by taking our football budget (which is annually in the top5) and dividing by wins we have the nations worst ROI, and have for several years now. It’s difficult to make the case across any spectrum that we are doing more with less, unless of course one is arguing that we are winning on average more games with a completely inept staff than the same staff would do elsewhere. In which case I’d listen to that argument.
Yah the budget is an interesting angle to think about here, but I think it’s safe to say that the football budget does a lot more for TCU than just producing wins, correct? It’s not taking a loss right now is it?

Should TCU increase the budget or decrease the budget? Will spending less fix the issue? Will spending more?

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass

Solid perspective, the organization is failing to meet expectations, in the business world a total reorganization would ensue starting with the ceo being replaced