• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Ron Swanson

Ron - I’m sure you’re rooting for the Astros to win tonight but there’s gotta be a small part of you hoping to see game 7 in person right?
I wasn’t torn at all

The worst part is, I was offered two tickets to either game 6 or game 7, my choice. This game was originally scheduled to start at 3:00 and the Frogs were a 1:30 kick, so I chose game 7 because there was no conflict.

It eventually got moved to a night game, presumably because the rain got rid of the travel day.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

This series will be special...the starting pitching in this series is historically great...

I really don’t understand why the Astros are such huge favorites when you consider the arms in the Nats rotation and how their team has looked in the postseason so far.

I feel kinda like how I did going into the Yankees series. If I had to pick a winner, I would pick the Astros but I’m by no means confident.

And yes, the Astros won in 6 against the Yankees but a few of those games could’ve easily gone the other way.

Pharm Frog

I really don’t understand why the Astros are such huge favorites when you consider the arms in the Nats rotation and how their team has looked in the postseason so far.

I feel kinda like how I did going into the Yankees series. If I had to pick a winner, I would pick the Astros but I’m by no means confident.

And yes, the Astros won in 6 against the Yankees but a few of those games could’ve easily gone the other way.

and this is why I thought it was better for the Astros to have Wash sit for a while and possibly cool off. They were playing charmed baseball. And...took a special tour of Fenway this morning with Mrs Pharm. They are putting a new irrigation system in so the bluegrass has been stripped off so it wasn’t pretty but still one of the best tours I’ve been on. Mrs Pharm took one look into that space where they work the manual scoreboard and said...nope, ain’t going in there. FWIW-everybody up here is an Astros fan and it’s pretty obvious why.

Ron Swanson

and this is why I thought it was better for the Astros to have Wash sit for a while and possibly cool off. They were playing charmed baseball. And...took a special tour of Fenway this morning with Mrs Pharm. They are putting a new irrigation system in so the bluegrass has been stripped off so it wasn’t pretty but still one of the best tours I’ve been on. Mrs Pharm took one look into that space where they work the manual scoreboard and said...nope, ain’t going in there. FWIW-everybody up here is an Astros fan and it’s pretty obvious why.
There was a picture going around social media last week of a Boston office building lit up with GO STROS in the building lights.

I wasn’t sure if it was legit but I wanted it to be.

Pharm Frog

There was a picture going around social media last week of a Boston office building lit up with GO STROS in the building lights.

I wasn’t sure if it was legit but I wanted it to be.

I have no idea if that pic was legit but I know with absolute certainty that I just had the most legit cannoli in the history of puff pastries from a bakery in Boston’s North End.