• The KillerFrogs

TCU KState game thread

Mean Purple

Unless you sign a QB like the Clemson guy, there is absolutely no reason to start a true freshman QB for a power 5 conference. We are in that position and it all falls on the coaches. Duggan is very athletic but he makes a lot of dumb freshman plays, has no touch on his ball, and can’t get past his first progression. But he’s a true freshman and that’s expected.
The fact that they are playing Duggan, who cant get a passing game going, and Delton, who was not even preferred when he was at K State, and they leave Collins out, tells me they really dont get it.

Patterson is paid millions. Not for next year, for this year. Win or go.

netty2424

The worst part is you can kind of tell GP is at a loss to fix things..He grasping at straws. “We need to grow up”, “We need to have more fun”, “stealing signals”....He just doesn’t know how to push these kids buttons...
He sounded completely defeated on the post game interview. Took the blame, blamed it all pretty much on his blown defensive call that allowed KSU QB to run 50 yards untouched.

PurpleBlood87

On WBAP GP took the blame for calling a blitz on the 50 yard QB draw. Said that was the play that made the difference.
Radio crew isn't going to ask the hard questions. They are just an extension of the program

Mean Purple

He sounded completely defeated on the post game interview. Took the blame, blamed it all pretty much on his blown defensive call that allowed KSU QB to run 50 yards untouched.
Hate that it is going down this way. But he has the power to fix it.
A. Stop calling overly aggressive and complicated defense. The OC's and other HCs in the conference have even said they can take advantage of it.
B. Bring in an OC who has proven to put points on the board. Because this aint the big 10, who also scores more than us.
C. Look at who can complete passes IN GAME TIME with more consistency.
D. Hold players and coaches accountable. And there is more than enough blame for all.

Mean Purple

Guess this could be an issue where GP really thought the team would be better, and now is dealing with the facing the reality that, once again, certain things that should have been addressed in offseason (conditioning, ball skills, ball security, footwork, etc.), were not.

Mean Purple

All the people who have the 6 game benefit of seeing how a player plays out, and when it doesn’t work out then goes on a message board and laughs his ass off at other people hoping the kid works out......LMAO.

Nice post.
I'll be the first to admit I was on the MD bandwagon before the season. mainly because I had seen some film on both, and there was home Max could pass the ball. But I have always said play who is playing the best.

We should have had more passing attempts today. And more completions. I guess they can't open up the playbook with him? Just seems we have not seen much of a playbook. The scheme makes no sense. What could hurt from trying Collins. Heck, start with Max and then put Collins in (during the first half). We have all seen Michael make tough passes and seen his touch on the ball.

unless he has just not done anything in practice or has not been serious about it, I just can't figure out why he is not getting more chances.

Zubaz

This was a must win...and we didn't. I don't see a bowl after this game. Silver lining is hopefully we clean house after this putrid season.

I do feel bad for Anderson. He is special and deserved better than one good season.

netty2424

I'll be the first to admit I was on the MD bandwagon before the season. mainly because I had seen some film on both, and there was home Max could pass the ball. But I have always said play who is playing the best.

We should have had more passing attempts today. And more completions. I guess they can't open up the playbook with him? Just seems we have not seen much of a playbook. The scheme makes no sense. What could hurt from trying Collins. Heck, start with Max and then put Collins in (during the first half). We have all seen Michael make tough passes and seen his touch on the ball.

unless he has just not done anything in practice or has not been serious about it, I just can't figure out why he is not getting more chances.
Looking at our QB room, how could any TCU fan not be on the MD train coming into this year. I was hoping it would have been JR personally, but it quickly became known he wasn’t getting any reps for whatever reasons those were.

That left MD and MC, Baldwin was out, and walk-on wasn’t getting it. We saw what MC gave us last year, decent serviceable QB, but you aren’t going to win championships with him.

So I too was on board with MD. I was a hopeful fan that thought it would be kick ass to have a freshman QB come in, take control, and win some scheissing ball games, with good years ahead of us. Not working out. Pivot.

As far as a playbook, I’m convinced we’ve seen every play in it. Cumbie is a fantastic recruiter, I suppose, but he doesn’t seem to be able to build an effective game plan, regardless of how he’s been hindered by GP’s situation.

It’s time to
tenor.gif

TCUWIN

Yes Max needs to be better (better control and timing), but the play calling doesn’t give him much of a chance. And while I used to think the play book couldn’t be open because of Kenny Hill, I now realize it can’t be opened because of the coordinator. Nothing has changed while we continue to shuffle the through quarterbacks. I am sick of the excuses. Kansas fires their OC and now they have 40 on Texas. Why can’t we fire ours and find someone who can design an offense that allows the players to be successful and can allow the playbook to be opened up?

Latest posts