• The KillerFrogs

An open letter to TCU Football

Jackson

On offense, we are absolutely atrocious at developing talent. No question. Look no further than that the highest rated recruit on our offense is behind a freshman QB developed by his dad, a transfer developed at Penn, a grad transfer that isn't really developed as a QB but played some football, and a walk-on transfer developed at UGA.
True....but you‘ve conveniently left out a major fact in that the highly recruited QB you've referred to hasn’t been the same since he was very seriously injured before he arrived at TCU.

JAB331

The Dykes ship has sailed. Unfortunately so did Shane Buechele, and Baker Mayfield, and the fact that we should have had a chance at Jalen Hurts (long shot I know, but if we had taken Baker when he wanted to come to TCU, then maybe not... We had a better D than OU after all). I'm don't know who's calling the shots on QB transfers, maybe CGP, b/c taking Delton over Buechele seems really stupid right now. But I could see CGP saying that once you pass on TCU once, like Buechele did, then that's it.. But that seems like pride to me that doesn't serve us well for getting back within striking distance of the CFP.

Mean Purple

The Dykes ship has sailed. Unfortunately so did Shane Buechele, and Baker Mayfield, and the fact that we should have had a chance at Jalen Hurts (long shot I know, but if we had taken Baker when he wanted to come to TCU, then maybe not... We had a better D than OU after all). I'm don't know who's calling the shots on QB transfers, maybe CGP, b/c taking Delton over Buechele seems really stupid right now. But I could see CGP saying that once you pass on TCU once, like Buechele did, then that's it.. But that seems like pride to me that doesn't serve us well for getting back within striking distance of the CFP.
No matter what Mayfield says, he was never coming here. And if anybody really thinks he was a true "walk on" at OU, their on something. That kid was a booster baby if there ever was one. And Hurts was not coming here. No way he saw last year's TCU offensive schemes and thought, "oh, I'll stop moving down field and change my game to screens galore". Buechele spurned calls from TCU when he was coming out of high school. Pretty dismissive of us in fact. So thinking we should come begging him is nuts. Not to mention he pretty much had an idea of where he was going when he set to transfer.

Mean Purple

I think that's the core problem, we need an OC ( and a scheme) that can attract a high-profile transfer QB. And we need someone who can develop talent. Cumbie doesn't seem to be able to do either.
Many folks have pointed that out of the recent years. We were spoiled with Boykin's ability. And even that was a lot of Doctson bailing him out. Then we had Kenny Hill who, once he had a year back under his belt after being off for basically a year and half, had the calm and ability to put the team on his back. Both should have had better pro prospects than they did. But I don't think either really developed as much as they would have with better coaches. Kenny had so much raw ability it was amazing. I remember the ability Casey had. Until he slipped up, he was one of the more efficient passers in the conference.

True....but you‘ve conveniently left out a major fact in that the highly recruited QB you've referred to hasn’t been the same since he was very seriously injured before he arrived at TCU.
I didn't conveniently leave out anything. Everyone knows about his injury but the information is that he is healthy at this point. Truth still remains we have not developed a QB despite having had some well recruited players who at least have the raw talent to play the position.

Putt4Purple

I sincerely love you CGP. You have brought our program from the dark ages into extreme relevance.

However, there’s no way we should have lost to this kansas state team today. They have less talent than us. Less speed. Less strength.

Yet they beat us.

Dear God CGP, you need to make some changes this off season. Especially in the offensive side of the ball. So much talent. So little production.

And defense has become porous.

I’m not advocating making changes today. In season changes rarely reap rewards. But you need to make some changes. But it’s now on you. You must make some changes to keep this program relaxant.

I know you want to win. But it’s not happening with this current coaching staff, especially offensively.

What an idiot post!

OmniscienceFrog

Pretty much what I expected. I'll hang up and listen for a counter-argument as to how well we have developed offensive players and, in particular, QB's over the last few seasons.
Yeah, look no further than a QB that will likely never play again because his knee was shredded in high school. That's a highly intelligent argument. Don't waste any more time listening, you can't comprehend anyway.

Ron Swanson

No matter what Mayfield says, he was never coming here. And if anybody really thinks he was a true "walk on" at OU, their on something. That kid was a booster baby if there ever was one. And Hurts was not coming here. No way he saw last year's TCU offensive schemes and thought, "oh, I'll stop moving down field and change my game to screens galore". Buechele spurned calls from TCU when he was coming out of high school. Pretty dismissive of us in fact. So thinking we should come begging him is nuts. Not to mention he pretty much had an idea of where he was going when he set to transfer.
Baker Mayfield absolutely wanted to come here after high school.

Yeah, look no further than a QB that will likely never play again because his knee was shredded in high school. That's a highly intelligent argument. Don't waste any more time listening, you can't comprehend anyway.
A QB who is supposedly healthy according to people who should know. A player who was cited as an example of overall poor development of players on the offensive side of the ball pointing out that he was the only one not developed by someone other than our OC/QB coach. I could just spew some insults your way like you're doing to me but it serves no purpose other than to lower me to that level. Again, name me some offensive players that you believe to be demonstrative to having been developed by our staff to their full potential.