• The KillerFrogs

Gary Patterson

Moose Stuff

Been a member for over a decade, but was building my company for the last few years and so my login lapsed. Anyway, I'm appalled with what I'm reading. Fire CGP..!?! We're 3-3..? His approach of loyalty is what gives us a chance at a national championship. Have you forgotten that we've been ranked #2 multiple times in the last decade, that he got us to the Big 12, that we should have been in the CFP the first year...?! Wow, what short-sidedness...

Now for Cumbie, he's mediocre at best... We had a false positive on his second year - turns out Boykin self coached himself. We need to take the hit this year and fire him, otherwise it's going to be a longer re-building period.

For those calling for CGP head, refocus your your energy - never gonna happen. What we're talking about here is his ability to pick his successor when he decides to retire. At one point I thought that would be Cumbie, but no longer. He can't develop players and he calls #@#@$@ plays. He needs to go coach high school. It's time to take the hit and get a new OC. Obviously Sonny Dykes would have been much better, but hindsight... So now we need to find someone else. We have the players, we have a legendary HC, now we just need the supporting cast at OC...

We literally have zero chance at a national championship. This year, next year, whenever. ZERO.

Rose Bowl

I’m not sure what the answers are but I don’t think the staff does either and that’s what worries me. This season has taken a lot of wind out of me, I can’t fathom what it’s doing to Gary.

tetonfrog

I firmly believe that GP will find a new OC after the season is over. That is step one to fixing the offense. Next step is to hire a new WRs coach. Can't believe we keep seeing the same struggles over and over again at that position.

Defensively, it is not the system that needs to be corrected. We need better players at LB and DE. The only way to fix that is to go out and recruit better players.

GP deserves more time before he retires or is pushed out. He has shown he will change OC before and I am confident he will again.

Moose Stuff

They answered the call a few times today. I know GP took the blame and mentioned that one play, but the fact is they should have not been in that position. With the offensive talent we have and ability to move the ball when reasonable offensive play calls are made, we should have been up by a good amount. Now, granted, putting in Delton right after a Duggan td was probably a momo killing moment.

They gave up a 95 yard TD drive when it mattered to the worst offense in the conference. Let’s not pretend like that didn’t happen.

The TCU Football Jerk

The man, the myth, the legendary head coach has to make some tough changes in some un-Gary like ways. Gary needs to fire loyal coaches and revamp his staff. He's still great, but if he wants to progress the program and end on high note, those are the changes that need to be made.

GP is a hard headed son of a biscuit. He needs to change his way of thinking on a lot of things. You can't keep doing the same exact things for 20 years and still be successful in the football world.

Mean Purple

GP is a hard headed son of a biscuit. He needs to change his way of thinking on a lot of things. You can't keep doing the same exact things for 20 years and still be successful in the football world.
This is evident by the fact that we are still exposed in the middle after years of the defensive scheme having that issue. Heck, I remember when briles was at Houston and exploited it. If the defense requires super speed players with senior level experience to be able to adjust during the play to stop one from getting busted, then it is not the best scheme to run. This is a power 5 league where even the bad teams have dudes.

And quit leaving guys on an island so much.

YA

Kansas was a crap situation. It aint like he preferred to walk into that mess. He wanted to be here. There is no denying how much better this offense was with him here.
Meachum is never coming back. The tooth fairy is more likely to be a coach on staff before that happens.

LeagueCityFrog

I was at the game yesterday in a position to see what was going on our sidelines during the game. I will say again, Gary Patterson, while in Coach P mode is not the problem. He had, by far, the most juice of anyone on that sideline.

If changes need to be made in the off season with some of the other coaches in order to get us back to playing Frog Ball and winning 10-plus a season so be it. We should have beaten K-State, we should always beat SMU at home, Iowa State was a 50/50 game. But I will say again, Coach P in Coach P mode is part of the solution and Gary ain't going out this way. I think next year is his 20th season as head coach, so people need to back off for what he's done for TCU. We have very talented young players and Coach P will get this fixed.

Go Frogs and let's beat the Fighting UT Del Contes this week that almost lost to a KU team we blew out!