• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Post Game Comments

Mean Purple

Well then, Gary, why didn’t you start the mother scheisser! You are the scheissing head coach. Don’t you have on ounce of control of your team. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard out of your mouth. Why would you want that small talent kid in the game at all. You had Collins on the bench. Why would you want Delton in over him. Was it a tip of the hat to Snyder? I don’t get it. scheiss!!!
Ole Snyder laughing his ass off. Telling his pals how he played GP to take Delton. Then spends the game checking out our showgirls. Got to give it to the old man, knows his [ Finebaum ].

TRF51

I hope coach is no loner the coach after this year. He has hindered our program these last two years. In no way is it ok for a team as talented as we are to not win that game. We were way better then then in every area, except coaching.

CountryFrog

I'm super conflicted about this. The program is very clearly NOT living up to expectations in 3 out of the last 4 years. But the only reason for that is because GP is the one who led us to so much success and created all these expectations in the first place. He's become a victim of his own success to a certain degree, but this program is pretty clearly in a bad place right now.

I wish it was as easy as just firing this coach or that coach or even all the coaches but I don't know. Firing coaches is often just something that's done to appease fans but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong thing to do either. I know many on here think that they know exactly what needs to happen and that it is very easy and straight forward but that's probably not reality. The entire athletic program is in an extremely difficult spot right now with what to do going forward.

The whole reason we're even in the Big 12 right now is because of Patterson's football program, but now we're in a position where basketball and baseball are having to pick up the slack from the struggling football program.

Mean Purple

I'm super conflicted about this. The program is very clearly NOT living up to expectations in 3 out of the last 4 years. But the only reason for that is because GP is the one who led us to so much success and created all these expectations in the first place. He's become a victim of his own success to a certain degree, but this program is pretty clearly in a bad place right now.

I wish it was as easy as just firing this coach or that coach or even all the coaches but I don't know. Firing coaches is often just something that's done to appease fans but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong thing to do either. I know many on here think that they know exactly what needs to happen and that it is very easy and straight forward but that's probably not reality. The entire athletic program is in an extremely difficult spot right now with what to do going forward.

The whole reason we're even in the Big 12 right now is because of Patterson's football program, but now we're in a position where basketball and baseball are having to pick up the slack from the struggling football program.

So I have gone back and forth on this for a second year now. But, when we see the play calls on offense that just rip momentum away, ignore typical situational football in the redzone where space becomes limited and leaves tds off the board, it become hard for me to not think that an OC change, as well as a rcvrs coach change is needed.

But then, I look at assistants who have been moved around just to keep them on staff, and who makes the coaching staff decisions, and the hard reality that it ultimately falls on GP comes to the front. That and, it is crazy that with the money we have, we don't bring in a lot of big time assistants. Granted, my guess is Sonny hired the rcvrs coaches and the offensive scheme did not look this out of sorts until it was all on Sonny.

But yeah, what happens if we don't see different? well, won't know until we do. as you said, we have other sports that support us. I just think if we brought in a good and known OC, we would see a difference,

But would Patterson let that OC coach the way they want to?

Eight

I think it's funny how triggered this board is over Delton.

The guy was in the game for three scheissing plays.

you really don't get it do you?

the issue isn't delton, it is finally after the offense gets something going and duggan shows some confidence you pull him and put in delton.

frogs then go 3 and out and never get back into sync offensively.

the switch made absolutely no sense. that is why you have people upset about the decision.

Eight

Either way.

Our defense gave up a 90 yard drive to Kansas State in the 4th quarter, and we're worried about three plays in the second quarter. Those plays were obviously the problem.

which board have you been reading because gary and the defense have been taking a beating on this board

Froggy Style

What. The. Heck?

As for it "coming down to one play" ...? If by "one play" you mean "every play," sure.
When you just play to win by one, but call panic blitzes when you’re tied or behind, then you lose more than you should.

Even when they’re in 3rd and 17, he rushes three, but puts his corners in man to man rather than have deep safeties.

Don’t get me wrong though...Cumbie needs to go yesterday, and I get more pissed every minute he’s still here.

Mean Purple

you really don't get it do you?

the issue isn't delton, it is finally after the offense gets something going and duggan shows some confidence you pull him and put in delton.

frogs then go 3 and out and never get back into sync offensively.

the switch made absolutely no sense. that is why you have people upset about the decision.
It basically tapped the brakes when we could have been rolling. And there is no way that was not a Patterson decision.
Patterson needs to stay out of the offense and let Sonny do what he does and take the heat for it. It would also give Patterson cover to not have to get the axe with Sonny. I know Patterson is trying to help Sonny and he thinks, for some crazy reason that Sonny will be a head coach, but that just aint gonna happen.